NHS Reform

SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You talk about educating people but how?

I totally agree with you about receptionists. The more crabbit the better.

The sad truth is that the only thing that people bother about is money and that’s the only reason I suggested charging.

If your ‘educating’ can do the trick, good luck.

Thats utter nonsense, also given that people in poorer areas will likely get free visits to GP’s then its not going to have any major impact on demand. People who waste appointment times dont tend to have the self awareness that they are doing so, so educating people or triaging properly is the only way to go, but that wont happen or work until mental health services are fixed. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats utter nonsense, also given that people in poorer areas will likely get free visits to GP’s then its not going to have any major impact on demand. People who waste appointment times dont tend to have the self awareness that they are doing so, so educating people or triaging properly is the only way to go, but that wont happen or work until mental health services are fixed. 

So you’re saying education is a non- starter.

What then?

As I say, plenty other countries charge for GP visits.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So you’re saying education is a non- starter.

What then?

As I say, plenty other countries charge for GP visits.

Thats the exact opposite of what im saying, im saying financially penalising people like you seem to be fetishising towards, is not the answer, plenty other countries have higher pensions and wages and strong trade unions. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats the exact opposite of what im saying, im saying financially penalising people like you seem to be fetishising towards, is not the answer, plenty other countries have higher pensions and wages and strong trade unions. 

Just one example is Sweden which has high pensions and wages.

Another is Ireland - about 50 plus euros.

Its not really about the money. It’s about making people stop and think or are they too stupid to do that?

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omisdion

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just one example is Sweden which has high pensions and wages.

Another is Ireland - about 50 plus euros.

Its not really about the money. It’s about making people stop and think or are they too stupid to do that?

I think those who want to pay should be allowed to. Right wingers like yourself who believe in paying for NHS treatment should be free to do so without government interference. It should be made much easier for you and your co-idelogues to request a bill upon each of your NHS interactions and your donations should be encouraged. 

6 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

I think those who want to pay should be allowed to. Right wingers like yourself who believe in paying for NHS treatment should be free to do so without government interference. It should be made much easier for you and your co-idelogues to request a bill upon each of your NHS interactions and your donations should be encouraged. 

Problem though is I’d be happy to pay but only in return for good service which would mean relegating most others to an inferior service. Can’t imagine you’d agree to that.

Its a two way street.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Problem though is I’d be happy to pay but only in return for good service which would mean relegating most others to an inferior service. Can’t imagine you’d agree to that.

Its a two way street.

You might think you want to pay. You probably believe you want to pay. But when you actually do have to pay it's a slippery slope.

I remember one time my wife was in hospital and I walked in for a visit, only to stumble into two doctors who were arguing about who gets to treat her because they needed the cash.

I'm sure the tories would never allow that sort of thing.

16 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Its a two way street.

Ah, ok, you mean you want private healthcare. You're in the wrong thread then, this one is for NHS discussion.

Some laugh that DPB is apparently old enough to be retired, and yet has never heard of or paid "National Insurance", y'know, the thing that we all already pay to cover our health care, including GP appointments.

Almost as if this isn't a good faith discussion from his end.

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Some laugh that DPB is apparently old enough to be retired, and yet has never heard of or paid "National Insurance", y'know, the thing that we all already pay to cover our health care, including GP appointments.

Aye, there’s literally nothing worth saying to him that doesn’t massively contravene Divs stickied thread in this forum.

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I thought this thread was about NHS Reform?

Of course I’ve paid masses of tax and NI over the years and I just want the NHS to work for the population.

Obviously, it’s not and I thought we were looking for reforms to make it better?

Sadly, more and more people are requiring to ditch it and go private to get the care and treatment they need.

People like me are not doing anything to destroy or take it private.

Its hastening it’s own demise by not meeting the people’s needs.

So come on. Let’s have your ideas.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I thought this thread was about NHS Reform?

Of course I’ve paid masses of tax and NI over the years and I just want the NHS to work for the population.

Obviously, it’s not and I thought we were looking for reforms to make it better?

Sadly, more and more people are requiring to ditch it and go private to get the care and treatment they need.

People like me are not doing anything to destroy or take it private.

Its hastening it’s own demise by not meeting the people’s needs.

So come on. Let’s have your ideas.

My idea is to not vote for the Conservative Party, who are demonstrably trying to destroy it from both the inside and out. This is the obvious first step. Anyone that suggests they want to improve the NHS whilst also voting for Tory vermin is either a liar or an idiot. There is no other alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Lorna Slater has been in the papers for using private healthcare. She had the coverage as a benefit in her pre MSP job and kept it after being elected as she says she has a “complex medical history”.

I don’t blame her tbh. I’ve no idea what the Green policy (or even the SG policy) is on private healthcare but it seems understandable to me for her to keep it.

I’ve had a private healthcare benefit through employment pretty much since I started working and have luckily never had to use it.

All parliamentarians should be banned from using private healthcare/ education etc.  Lets watch these c***s justify the running of these institutions when they actually use them the same as your average citizen.   Utter joke that so many in charge of running things have no intention of using them. 

Well thats Audit Scotland released their NHS report.

Highlights are:

The government plan is "unlikely to be met"

The aim of recruiting an additional 1000 staff for mental health services "at risk" due to £100m of cuts.

GP recruitment not on track.

More people being added to waiting list than are being treated.

£620m in savings are required this financial year to balance their budgets.

Only 3 health authorities are likely to be able to balance their budget this year.

Delays to the NTCs mean that the promised 40,000 extra procedures by 2026 are now less likely to be met.

The report is especially critical of the Government's COVID recovery plan which it says does not appear to be feasible and lacks data models on demand and capacity.

The watchdog also determined that the service is not sustainable in its current form.