NHS Reform

SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it’s reasonable to know if someone who constantly opines on Scottish and UK politics actually resides here and has a vote.

Surely not a big ask?

He's paid taxes for 50 years and has invested in his UK pension for all that time, I'd say that makes him a stakeholder.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Do you actually have a residence in Scotland or do you just stay abroad for most of the year?

Would be interesting to know?

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it’s reasonable to know if someone who constantly opines on Scottish and UK politics actually resides here and has a vote.

Surely not a big ask?

This is somewhat creepy. 

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Surely not a big ask?

It’s a very Unionist standpoint (they want “expats” to have  vote, but not an opinion).

@Granny Danger is the Martin Compston of P&B.  @Dawson Park Boy is Historywoman. 

18 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

This is somewhat creepy. 

He was obsessed with Danger's pension arrangements for a while too.

A bit of a weird digression from pretending to be thick as mince on any and all subjects.

Something’s definitely fecked over here. We are back in Scotland for Christmas and my son is sick. Have now been on hold for NHS24 for almost 1.5 hours. Put it this way, if we were back in Ireland we’d have been answered, seen by a doctor and on our way to get medicine by now 

On 26/12/2022 at 07:17, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A thoroughly depressing thread and read. Anyone who thinks Scotland isn’t better off alone needs several kicks in the chuckies with a steel toe boot.

Sorry mate, but the chuckies kick should be for those who base their constitutional position on one person’s tweets about an already devolved issue.

On 26/12/2022 at 07:17, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A thoroughly depressing thread and read. Anyone who thinks Scotland isn’t better off alone needs several kicks in the chuckies with a steel toe boot.

Have had people waiting 8 hours for an ambulance, people dying whilst waiting for them, there was an 11hour wait time at a&e this morning a the qeuh (based on what was quoted to colleagues attending). The NHS is in a complete crisis, NHS 24 and SAS unable to cope with demand and using other emergency services to deal with their calls because they have no capacity. Its incredibly dangerous. 

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Have had people waiting 8 hours for an ambulance, people dying whilst waiting for them, there was an 11hour wait time at a&e this morning a the qeuh (based on what was quoted to colleagues attending). The NHS is in a complete crisis, NHS 24 and SAS unable to cope with demand and using other emergency services to deal with their calls because they have no capacity. Its incredibly dangerous. 

And yet Sturgeon still thinks that Humza Yousaf is on top of this and dealing with it.  This needs Parliament recalled and all ideas thrashed out.

On 27/12/2022 at 18:31, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I had to attend the RAH ED couple weeks ago, minor injuries clinic was open and I was in x-ray and parked back in waiting room within a couple of hours.

I noticed around eight cops stationed outside different rooms and around department.

7 hours ago, Madame RH33 said:

I had to attend the RAH ED couple weeks ago, minor injuries clinic was open and I was in x-ray and parked back in waiting room within a couple of hours.

I noticed around eight cops stationed outside different rooms and around department.

Hope youre alright!!!

yes, basically cpn services wont see certain people unless they’ve been seen by A&E first, so that involves long waits.

There’s no doubt that the NHS is chronically underfunded and creaking at the seams, however my recent experience was very positive.

I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease in late August, within 9 weeks and 6 days of my initial GP appointment, I had had multiple hospital trips (ARI), an x-ray, ultra sound, angiogram, more ecg’s than I could count, blood tests, angioplasty and stent fitted. All done with the utmost care, professionalism and good nature.

To say I feared the worst after my diagnosis is an understatement, especially as my wife works for the NHS, so the reality was a hugely pleasant surprise.

Obviously not everyone’s experiences are as positive and some parts of the NHS sound like an absolute shit show but it’s not all bad.

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

There’s no doubt that the NHS is chronically underfunded and creaking at the seams, however my recent experience was very positive.

I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease in late August, within 9 weeks and 6 days of my initial GP appointment, I had had multiple hospital trips (ARI), an x-ray, ultra sound, angiogram, angioplasty and stent fitted. All done with the utmost care, professionalism and good nature.

To say I feared the worst after my diagnosis is an understatement, especially as my wife works for the NHS, so the reality was a hugely pleasant surprise.

Obviously not everyone’s experiences are as positive and some parts of the NHS sound like an absolute shit show but it’s not all bad.

I've had a similar experience both for myself and family members, when you get a serious diagnosis they don't mess about. I think the problem is in getting the initial diagnosis promptly if you're not in a particularly high risk group, because they have to strictly prioritise scarce resources there are bound to be people who slip through the net.