Darvel v Aberdeen 23rd Jan Live on BBC

Suspect Device

1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

Same for me. After the Annan experience earlier in the season I am not putting myself through a 8 hour round trip to see virtually nothing 

Not being able to see the game could be a positive after what happened on Wednesday.

easiest thing to do Don fans, is before the game, you all stand in a que from shortest to tallest and enter the ground in order.

If it's pishing down, take yer wellies.

Or even better, from a neutral point of view, is a late call off.😁

btw Aberdeen will win this comfortably.

On 19/01/2023 at 08:08, kingjoey said:

Usual question to home fans when I’m going to a new ground, what’s the parking like at the ground/in the town and suggestions on where to get something to eat before the match.

Dunno about parking in Darvel but if your sat nav takes you down the M74 and onto the A71 to Kilmarnock then you've got some pubs and a hotel in Strathaven which is 12 miles before you get to Darvel. Might be quieter than the pubs in Darvel.

Never an advocate of resting players for the sake of it but if we have a couple who are at 70-80% then I’d be sitting them out of this one. I’m thinking duk specifically has looked leggy and obviously came off injured against rangers and off it against hearts. 

I thought myslovic looked like he had a bit about him so worth giving him a start tonight I’d say. 

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Never an advocate of resting players for the sake of it but if we have a couple who are at 70-80% then I’d be sitting them out of this one. I’m thinking duk specifically has looked leggy and obviously came off injured against rangers and off it against hearts. 

I thought myslovic looked like he had a bit about him so worth giving him a start tonight I’d say. 

I wouldn't be resting anyone as Darvel in the last 2 seasons have beaten Brechin City, Keith, Stranraer and Montrose. Montrose was a 5-2 win away from home so they are maybe league 1 level and we couldn't beat Annan in 90 minutes. 

Lowest Aberdeen away support of the season with only 800 odd tickets sold. 

Edited by betting competition

25 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I wouldn't be resting anyone as Darvel in the last 2 seasons have beaten Brechin City, Keith, Stranraer and Montrose. Montrose was a 5-2 win away from home so they are maybe league 1 level and we couldn't beat Annan in 90 minutes. 

Lowest Aberdeen away support of the season with only 800 odd tickets sold. 

As I said, not advocating resting for the sake of it - just not playing players who aren’t fully fit. If we don’t trust fit members of the squad to come in to replace unfit players then maybe recruitment hasn’t been that great. 

I genuinely have the fear for tonight. I keep telling myself that we should have too much but I can't believe it. I can see them defending well for 80 minutes then swinging in a hopeful cross that somehow leads to a goal amongst the chaos that is our defence. Then we throw on six forwards and panic.