Darvel v Aberdeen 23rd Jan Live on BBC

Suspect Device

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Only true if you mean the Clachnacuddin Reserves, who play in the North Caledonian League at the same level on the pyramid as the WoS Premier Division.

Yeah, I mistyped, I mean Clach Reserves.

Aberdeen looked like the sixth tier team while Darvel looked more the Premier team.

Before the game I had a look at each of the Darvel teams playing history and noted that the majority of them had spent their career in the lower reaches of Scottish football, so it shows that games can be won by sheer determination with a never give up attitude.

On 16/12/2022 at 12:29, Suspect Device said:

Moved to the Monday for TV which happens to be my birthday. Brings back bad memories of watching Livi knock us out of the cup in 1999. Was not a happy birthday that day.

That can't happen again. Well not knocked out by Livi anyway.

It did.

10 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

“I once made a 350 mile round trip on a Monday night to watch my Scottish Premiership club get pumped by a non-league mob live on national TV”

C8D01D49-ECF2-4ADD-BC73-6469B6DF9AE3.jpeg.cbafeed351f02544079549d289f533f2.jpeg

“Ok, so who is your team and who humiliated you?”

49D81694-A6E1-4187-88B4-76062780D73C.jpeg.9c0dfd15050979a7c5ff27f72f16ba2d.jpeg

“Well I support Aberdeen and we got beat by a club called Darvel”.

7CD0DC13-D8FF-465E-AA9A-BDB0E9B70921.jpeg.0f001741f902e4b47028740210060525.jpeg

“Darvel? Who the f**k are Darvel? There isn’t a team called Darvel. I’m going to say it’s a lie”.

DEE6503A-4E31-4394-9FCE-803EED7A4B1E.jpeg.8104034c457afaed097ee16b21a8288b.jpeg

“It is in fact true”

8E5645CE-635D-4677-A58F-191B836E68AF.png.d00e2fde252e4a5d21402d85121726ad.png

Just nipped back to the page this was posted on over a coffee this morning. Currently sitting at 175 greenies. …. and the award for P&B post of the year 2023 goes to…. 😊

I have to admit that last night I thought the fun would only last until around 60 minutes when Aberdeen’s fitness and experience would begin to show.  I was not a believer.  I should have had more faith in my joiner who played the majority of the match.

Was shocked at just how shite much of Aberdeen's football was last night.

On multiple occasions Joe Lewis kicked the ball directly over everyone's heads for the Darvel keeper to comfortably collect. Dreadful waste of the ball.

Also, there were multiple long balls up the wings that either bounced harmlessly out of play for a goal kick or were right to the Darvel defence or keeper. Hideous football.

Then the defending for the goal! So casual, no urgency to close the Darvel players down after the cross.

12 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

so what was the view like from the away end?

Horrendous and we only sold 800 tickets. It was muddy at the top too and basically if not in the first 2 or 3 rows then you couldn't see a thing. I thought there would be 2 different views one below and one at the top but it was only at the top.  

We also had restricted view with a bbc cameraman right behind the goals. It maybe was great we had restricted view :)

Goodwin is the manager so has ultimate responsibility but I thought Stewart was the cause of the defeat last night. He is captain but constantly passed sideways or back to the keeper. I don't think I have ever seen so many non passes in a game. There was no urgency from the back line and few forward passes - back and side was the name of the game. Keeping possession in a one off Cup game doesn't get you a result when you are a goal behind.  In contrast every time the Darvel defence had the ball they were pushing it forward. Goodwin should have been bollocking Stewart and Stewart should have been leading by example. Two failures.