Darvel v Aberdeen 23rd Jan Live on BBC

Suspect Device

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

No idea what level this is, would it be a bigger minter than the Brora Rangers defeat of Hearts?

half the squad have played Championship level or above, the other half L1. Very few without Scottish League experience. Also almost untouchable in the West set-up. They're really an L1 side on their make up.

Nowhere near the biggest shock ever. This lot could easily hold their own in League One and would probably be around the playoffs. Got to give credit to Mick Kennedy he’s some coach. Still hope they lose 8-1. 

Well, that was an absolute disaster.  

What are we actually doing? We have created absolutely nothing of note, which is totally unacceptable. We have just been completely aimless. I have no idea what the tactics are. The line-up seemed a bit bizarre to me when it was announced, but it has played out even worse than I originally feared. The defence looks nervous and sluggish. The midfield is lightweight and rudderless. Pretty much everything we have done has been lazy, predictable and badly executed. 

I actually expect Darvel to win the game now. 

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Nowhere near the biggest shock ever. This lot could easily hold their own in League One and would probably be around the playoffs. Got to give credit to Mick Kennedy he’s some coach. Still hope they lose 8-1. 

That’s not how it works. They’re not in league one. People will only look at the league they are in, and the league the team they beat are in. 

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I assume someone is chucking money at them.   Ian McShane could play at a far higher level.  

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

We're talking about the team who lost to Tranent in the playoffs here? That team?