Livi v The Arabs.Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I noticed the SPFL brought in new rules last October giving them powers to deduct points if they feel the cancellation could have been realisticly avoided.  Few suggestions that the are considering this fixture as a test case.

Rightly so, apparently the Scottish conservatives have the pitch booked for their Christmas ding dong at 2pm.

Not gutted the games off to be honest. We need to get off to a flyer and an awkward away game on the plastic against a Livingston side who are horrible to play against at the best of times never mind on a freezing cold day just had “back to square one” written all over it. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I noticed the SPFL brought in new rules last October giving them powers to deduct points if they feel the cancellation could have been realisticly avoided.  Few suggestions that the are considering this fixture as a test case.

The cancellation could not have been realistically avoided.Your not in Livingston, otherwise you may have realistically avoided your quote,with respect. 🥶🥶🥶.

Just now, Troy.1995 said:

The cancellation could not have been realistically avoided.Your not in Livingston, otherwise you may have realistically avoided your quote,with respect. 🥶🥶🥶.

I don't doubt. I'm not entirely sure what procedures and rules the SPFL are using to decide but I guess we will find out next week. Presumably they will be looking at the Motherwell one as well.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There doesn't appear to have been any news about Shamal, he didn't appear in any of the friendlies but hopefully that's just precaution and giving him as much rest as possible. The only other injuries I can think would be Tom Parkes and Jamie Brandon who haven't featured much or at all this season anyway. Wonder if we'll see Steven Bradley make an appearance today

Read Shamal still isn't fit to play, thigh injury i think. Bradley wont be able to play till the January window opens up. Game's off anyway which is no real surprise. The minute i saw the pitch inspection i didn't see it being on, might be different at 3 pm but Utd fans need plenty notice with them travelling from Dundee.

Might be some flooding too with everything melting, a lot of water and slush outside.

Was out earlier today - the council seem to have done diddly squat about trying to clear the pavements. B&Q car park was like an skate park with snow having melted and then refrozen last night. 

Baring in mind the beeb were reporting that the average temperature in Livi last night was plus two; how was it cold enough to refreeze?

Even if the pitch and stadium hadn't been damaged; I very much doubt the game would have been given police approval.

Would suspect there will be a few claims going in against the council for the neglect shown by them,causing so many slips and falls,especially concerning the elderly. Yeh,not football related,but that's how bad it was this morning all over the town.I should know,I fell on my arse and have a gash on my arm.Waste of time making a claim as are the local council.Shambles.

10 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Would suspect there will be a few claims going in against the council for the neglect shown by them,causing so many slips and falls,especially concerning the elderly. Yeh,not football related,but that's how bad it was this morning all over the town.I should know,I fell on my arse and have a gash on my arm.Waste of time making a claim as are the local council.Shambles.

giphy (3).gif