The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

2 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

+50 bonus points, I actually considered picking her as the points would have been about 30 odd more than the likes of Jimmy Carter & Henry Kissinger

You are a deeply evil, twisted and nasty individual…good job!

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Will never cease to amaze me how American drivers can make such spectacular fuckups on large, straight, wide open roads. You see some utter madness in Florida where there's barely a corner to be seen at speed.

I think that’s the issue. Bendy roads you need to pay attention, straight ones, not so much. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wrestler Jay Briscoe dead in a head on car crash at 38 .

Woman in a pickup truck going in other direction swerved across the centre reservation and smashed into him, both drivers dead at the scene.

I'd think of a pun in the spirit of things but he had his two daughters in the car at the time and one of them is in a very, very bad way as per his widow. So no punnage from me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64312111.amp

Will never cease to amaze me how American drivers can make such spectacular fuckups on large, straight, wide open roads. You see some utter madness in Florida where there's barely a corner to be seen at speed.

It also doesn't help that it seems most in America appear to not think twice about driving hammered.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

It also doesn't help that it seems most in America appear to not think twice about driving hammered.

Not sure about hammered, but many reality TV shows the wife watches (and I glance at from time-to-time) have no issued with showing folk drinking then saying their cheerybyes in the car park then driving off.   Even some of the cop shows kind of give the impression it's not take all that seriously with the cops and driver sharing a joke or three during the process.  In itself it's not much but it does reflect the way drinking and driving is viewed.

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not sure about hammered, but many reality TV shows the wife watches (and I glance at from time-to-time) have no issued with showing folk drinking then saying their cheerybyes in the car park then driving off.   Even some of the cop shows kind of give the impression it's not take all that seriously with the cops and driver sharing a joke or three during the process.  In itself it's not much but it does reflect the way drinking and driving is viewed.

The drink drive limit of 0.08 allows the average person at least two to three drinks before getting to the limit...is what everyome thinks, discounting the fact everyone gets oversized drinks or double shots. The older limit, 0.10, was in place a long time and allowed three or four drinks. In both cases, the time also is a factor, with people not understanding three drinks in an hour is different than three drinks over three hours.

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Which is why UK motorways have gentle curves built into them.

Interstate highways are generally built to a 70-80 mph standard. I can't find any standard for UK motorways, but they remind me of similar roadways in the U.S., so an 80 mph design speed seems about right.