The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

11 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Thank Christ For The bomb and Split are fantastic albums, Tony TS McPhee's guitar work is incredible, really sad to hear this news

However, it's point for me @Miguel Sanchez

Qualifying obit https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jun/06/tony-mcphee-singer-and-guitarist-rock-band-the-groundhogs-dies-aged-79

This. I met Tony after a Groundhogs gig at the QM c1976. They were past their best but still a good night.

18 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

WWE Iron Sheikh deid.

Not sure i should really say this but suspect a ChokeHold did for him.

Seems to be going about in west Lothian the now .

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The physical realm becomes a fractionally nicer place as Pat Robertson leaves it at 93

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65846402.amp

Bugger .....beaten again !

Religious fundamentalist crackpot dies.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jun/08/pat-robertson-dead

Wiki says :-

"As a commentator and minister, Robertson frequently generates controversy. Some of his remarks have been the subject of national and international media attention prompting responses from politicians.

Robertson's service as a minister has included the belief in the healing power of God.[65] He has cautioned believers that some Protestant denominations may harbor the spirit of the Antichrist;[66] prayed to deflect hurricanes;[67] denounced Hinduism as "demonic"[68] and Islam as "Satanic".[69]

Robertson has denounced left-wing views of feminism,[70] activism regarding homosexuality,[71] abortion,[72] and liberal college professors.[73] Critics claim Robertson had business dealings in Africa with former president of Liberia and convicted war criminal Charles Taylor,[74] and former Zaire president Mobutu Sese Seko,[29] both of whom had been internationally denounced for claims of human rights violations. Robertson was criticized internationally for his call for Hugo Chávez's assassination,[29] and for his remarks concerning Ariel Sharon's ill-health as an act of God."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"As a commentator and minister, Robertson frequently generates controversy. Some of his remarks have been the subject of national and international media attention prompting responses from politicians.

Robertson's service as a minister has included the belief in the healing power of God.[65] He has cautioned believers that some Protestant denominations may harbor the spirit of the Antichrist;[66]

Big team found.

The fires of hell will be burning a little brighter tonight. As will my liver as I raise several glasses to toast GTF day for one of the world’s most horrible people. And incidentally, my first points in (I think) 3 years. 

Today is a good day. 

Robertson stuck his nose into Scottish politics back in the day and claimed Scotland was a dark place run by gays

To which Scotland mostly replied "Ooh, get her... Now go away you stupid Yank bigot"

On 08/06/2023 at 14:10, Florentine_Pogen said:

Robertson's service as a minister has included the belief in the healing power of God.[65] He has cautioned believers that some Protestant denominations may harbor the spirit of the Antichrist;[66] prayed to deflect hurricanes;[67] denounced Hinduism as "demonic"[68] and Islam as "Satanic".[69]

Robertson has denounced left-wing views of feminism,[70] activism regarding homosexuality,[71] abortion,[72] and liberal college professors.[73] Critics claim Robertson had business dealings in Africa with former president of Liberia and convicted war criminal Charles Taylor,[74] and former Zaire president Mobutu Sese Seko,[29] both of whom had been internationally denounced for claims of human rights violations. Robertson was criticized internationally for his call for Hugo Chávez's assassination,[29] and for his remarks concerning Ariel Sharon's ill-health as an act of God."

I’m delighted with this news.  And in addition I have points due.