The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

'He's battling cancer of the neck, and gurgles when he talks.'

What a shame.

Good riddance to the Antipodean paedo.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/may/23/from-childrens-entertainer-to-convicted-criminal-the-downfall-of-rolf-harris

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Top marks for the joke secret santa gift from her son tbh, almost as good as mein kampf. 

My old man (style icon: Bobby Charlton) won a hairdryer in his works Christmas raffle about 10 years ago and is still convinced it was rigged. 

On 17/05/2023 at 14:37, microdave said:

I don't know how to react to Harris being ill. I'd quite like him to live a miserable, agonising life every day for the next ten years for the misery he gave his victims. But I'd be getting points if he dies.

Strange to think he'd been dead a week when I posted this. Points incoming and the world is one c**t less so happy days I suppose.

Edited by microdave

5 hours ago, throbber said:

A few news notifications coming up on my phone - why do they need to refer to him as “disgraced sex offender” etc? He served his time in jail and is now dead, why swing for the corpse like that?

I have worked supporting the victims of people like Rolf Harris. Even decades later, their lives are still ruined.

There is genuinely not enough time that people like that can serve that would make up for what they have done. His sentence in particular was pitiful. He should have died in prison.

Good riddance.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Throat cancer aka Czech neck.

image.png.8545c82d08e85e60ac8d46f40017857d.png

Fookin 'ell.

One kiddie threw up her own pelvis bone before she snuffed the lid.

What a fookin disgrace.

Just noticed that I've got another one from my list.

Lester Sterling (of The Skatalites) died on 16th May.

The Skatalites' Lester Sterling Has Died | News | Clash Magazine Music News, Reviews & Interviews (clashmusic.com)

Lester Sterling of Skatalites fame has died | Entertainment | Jamaica Gleaner (jamaica-gleaner.com)

Not sure I'll get the points though because I can't find a 'reputable' source. 

ETA: The dangers of picking an obscure one. I'll remember that for next year. @Miguel Sanchez

Edited by Suspect Device

11 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Just noticed that I've got another one from my list.

Lester Sterling (of The Skatalites) died on 16th May.

The Skatalites' Lester Sterling Has Died | News | Clash Magazine Music News, Reviews & Interviews (clashmusic.com)

Lester Sterling of Skatalites fame has died | Entertainment | Jamaica Gleaner (jamaica-gleaner.com)

Not sure I'll get the points though because I can't find a 'reputable' source. 

ETA: The dangers of picking an obscure one. I'll remember that for next year. @Miguel Sanchez

I'll  bet you a pound you get the points.

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll  bet you a pound you get the points.

A whole pound. I'm not sure the pocket money my wife allows would stretch to that.

Looking at the rules, if there's no obituary in the main papers, then it doesn't count. Is @Miguel Sanchez a stickler for the rules? (As well as being a handsome devil, possibly the wittiest poster on here and the best dancer?)

ETA. Do you just check this thread every morning to make sure you're not in it? Then you can get on with the rest of your day happily.

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

A whole pound. I'm not sure the pocket money my wife allows would stretch to that.

Looking at the rules, if there's no obituary in the main papers, then it doesn't count. Is @Miguel Sanchez a stickler for the rules? (As well as being a handsome devil, possibly the wittiest poster on here and the best dancer?)

ETA. Do you just check this thread every morning to make sure you're not in it? Then you can get on with the rest of your day happily.

Yes, £1.00 Sterling.