The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

A few news notifications coming up on my phone - why do they need to refer to him as “disgraced sex offender” etc? He served his time in jail and is now dead, why swing for the corpse like that?

Just now, throbber said:

A few news notifications coming up on my phone - why do they need to refer to him as “disgraced sex offender” etc? He served his time in jail and is now dead, why swing for the corpse like that?

That was more Jimmy Saville's thing I think.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

He was a sex offender and he disgraced himself? How did he manage that.

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is there any other kind, surely they are all a disgrace  ?

Just reading the Daily Mail article announcing his death. Now, I'm not accusing them of cutting and pasting an old Rolf Harris article to fill out the death notice one, but...

The convicted paedophile, 93, lives as reclusive life in the English village of Bray.

Mr Merritt said last year that Rolf now prefers to be on his own and doesn't 'particularly like kids' as he 'hates the noise'.

'(He's) battling a cancer of the neck, and gurgles when he talks. It's difficult to understand him,' Mr Merritt said.

'As soon as one of two people walk into the room, he turns into a big kid again. He's an artistic type, and he'll try to perform on cue, even when he's unwell.'

Harris' health has deteriorated in recent years and that he was hospitalised during his stint in prison when his diabetes spiralled out of control.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Actually, this reminds me of a story that I read a few years back. A woman (possibly you could call her a professional dead pooler) bought a Rolf Harris painting. This was in the early 2010s. Her reasoning was that he was a beloved artist and celebrity and when he died, the value of this painting would go up and she would make a tidy wee sum.

smart-thinking.gif

About a month later the news started to break about him, and she couldn't give it away. Lost all her investment.

Apparently this was down at 1p at one stage, back up to 4 quid now. She shouldn’t lose hope. 

4FFE221C-CCE4-4353-A678-8D1706DD1F3E.thumb.png.b51087535e177e0f57ba398888cf901c.png