The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

Week 5 update

One death today, former president of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf dies after long illness | Pakistan | The Guardian

Pervez Musharraf, the former army general and president of Pakistan who ruled for almost a decade after seizing power in a coup in 1999, has died in Dubai after a long illness.

The Pakistani military confirmed his death in a statement, expressing “heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of Gen Pervez Musharraf, former president, CJCSC and chief of army staff”.

Musharraf, 79, was one of Pakistan’s most divisive leaders. His rule was marked by oppression, human rights abuses and a weakening of democracy, but also a period of economic growth. In 2019, a court found Musharraf guilty of high treason for his actions as president, including suspending the constitution in 2007. He was sentenced to death by a special court but that was later overturned.

Al Jazeera has a slightly longer profile if you feel like learning more: Pervez Musharraf: The Pakistani ex-president’s chequered legacy | Obituaries News | Al Jazeera

Musharraf died at 79 so he's worth 46 Base Points for @peasy23 - and lesson for everyone that perseverance pays off. I'm pretty sure he's picked him every year since I started running this. He also gets a Solo Shot taking him to 96 points total.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. buddiepaul 194
2. psv_killie 185
3. JustOneCornetto 181
4. peasy23 165

5. The DA 153
6. Desp, Ned Nederlander 151
8. Arabdownunder, Bully Wee Villa, cdhafc1874, D.V.T., Frosty, HK Hibee, Mark Connolly, microdave, qos_75, throbber, weirdcal 134
19. Arbroathlegend36-0 110
20. Arch Stanton, LoonsYouthTeam, Ludo*1, mozam76 101
24. alta-pete, Billy Jean King, Indale Winton, sparky88, Sweaty Morph 84
29. get_the_subbies_on 70
30. ICTJohnboy 69
31. atfccfc, chomp my root, DG.Roma, Donathan, Fuctifano, gkneil, HI HAT,  Karpaty Lviv, lichtgilphead, Lofarl, lolls, Michael W, pub car king, The_Craig, The Naitch, thistledo 67
47. sleazy 55
48. Aim Here 43
49. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxCIfczRUmrRrW79tUQ0vJ5KaHZpYENsTKmDqW4X3W4/edit?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 5 update

One death today, former president of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf: Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf dies after long illness | Pakistan | The Guardian

Al Jazeera has a slightly longer profile if you feel like learning more: Pervez Musharraf: The Pakistani ex-president’s chequered legacy | Obituaries News | Al Jazeera

Musharraf died at 79 so he's worth 46 Base Points for @peasy23 - and lesson for everyone that perseverance pays off. I'm pretty sure he's picked him every year since I started running this. He also gets a Solo Shot taking him to 96 points total.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. buddiepaul 194
2. psv_killie 185
3. JustOneCornetto 181
4. peasy23 165

5. The DA 153
6. Desp, Ned Nederlander 151
8. Arabdownunder, Bully Wee Villa, cdhafc1874, D.V.T., Frosty, HK Hibee, Mark Connolly, microdave, qos_75, throbber, weirdcal 134
19. Arbroathlegend36-0 110
20. Arch Stanton, LoonsYouthTeam, Ludo*1, mozam76 101
24. alta-pete, Billy Jean King, Indale Winton, sparky88, Sweaty Morph 84
29. get_the_subbies_on 70
30. ICTJohnboy 69
31. atfccfc, chomp my root, DG.Roma, Donathan, Fuctifano, gkneil, HI HAT,  Karpaty Lviv, lichtgilphead, Lofarl, lolls, Michael W, pub car king, The_Craig, The Naitch, thistledo 67
47. sleazy 55
48. Aim Here 43
49. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxCIfczRUmrRrW79tUQ0vJ5KaHZpYENsTKmDqW4X3W4/edit?usp=sharing

Made the mistake of taking someone out my team once, and that was Sean Lock which cost me a solo shot. Anyone in my team now is there until they die, or I die, whatever comes first.

Edited by peasy23