The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There is the theory he and it this long for reasons similar to Ozzy Osborne and Keith Richards. Might encourage some to “experiment”, eh?

But, they often were and were portrayed as such. Consider the Christmas classic, It’s a Wonderful Night Life…he drives drunk and hits a tree, and it results in his salvation.

FTFY

Week 3 update

Two deaths this week. Up first, Gina Lollabrigida: Gina Lollobrigida obituary | Film | The Guardian

The actor Gina Lollobrigida, who has died aged 95, was one of the great film stars of the 1950s and 60s, and an icon of Italian cinema who became known as “the most beautiful woman in the world”.

The movie that launched her as a sex symbol was Altri Tempi (Infidelity, 1952), an anthology film directed by Alessandro Blasetti, in which Vittorio De Sica was the lawyer who defends the honour of a woman (Lollobrigida) accused of being too sexy. She was signed up the following year to play opposite Errol Flynn in Crossed Swords and in what was to become a cult movie, John Huston’s tongue-in-cheek adventure yarn Beat the Devil, in which she co-starred with Humphrey Bogart and Jennifer Jones.

The film that immortalised her sultry qualities more than any other was Luigi Comencini’s Pane, Amore e Fantasia (Bread, Love and Dreams, 1953). Her character La Bersagliera’s sincere love for the shy but honest young cop in preference to the extrovert sergeant major played with panache by De Sica made her popular with audiences everywhere, and a pin-up around the world, although the film was panned by most critics.

It's interesting that none of the obituaries I've read include mention of her stormy relationship with a Scottish guy in 1958. Weird.

She died at 95 so she's worth 30 Base Points for @get_the_subbies_on and @sleazy. She also gets a Deadly Duo bonus, and subbies gets a Vice-Captain bonus, so it's 70 and 55 points respectively.

===================

Second death, David Crosby: Legendary US musician David Crosby dies aged 81 | David Crosby | The Guardian

The singer, guitarist and songwriter was part of the original lineup of the Byrds and appeared on their first five albums, including the 1965 hit cover of Bob Dylan’s Mr Tambourine Man.

He also co-founded the folk rock supergroup Crosby, Stills & Nash along with fellow musicians Stephen Stills and Graham Nash. They later added Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young to the lineup.

He joined the Byrds in 1964 before being dismissed from the band three years later. In the 2019 documentary Remember My Name, Byrds member Roger McGuinn described Crosby and his on-stage political rants as “insufferable”, with fellow band member Chris Hillman saying he harboured a superiority complex.

In 1968, Crosby met Stills and the pair started jamming together. They were soon joined by Nash to form the trio Crosby, Stills & Nash, selling millions of copies of their first two albums: their self-titled debut in 1969, and – joined by Neil Young – Déjà Vu the following year.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young disbanded in 2016 after years of rivalry and tension. In a 2021 interview with the Guardian, Crosby described Nash as “definitely my enemy” and Young as “the most self-centred, self-obsessed, selfish person I know”.

Outside of that, I have my own history with David. He was a good man and I wouldn't be here without him.

807456.jpg?b64lines=IEpVU1QgVEFLRSBJVCBPTkUgREFZIEFUIEEKIFRJTUUsIEFORCBLTk9XIFRIQVQgSQogTE9WRSBZT1UuIEkgTE9WRSBZT1UsCiBUT08sIE1BTi4=

808089.jpg?b64lines=SSBMT1ZFIFlPVSBUT08sIE1BTi4g

David died at 81 so he's worth 44 Base Points for @ICTJohnboy and @peasy23 with a Deadly Duo taking that to 69 each.

After that, the standings look like this:

1. buddiepaul 194
2. psv_killie 185

3. JustOneCornetto 181
4. Desp, Ned Nederlander 151
6. Arabdownunder, Bully Wee Villa, cdhafc1874, D.V.T., Frosty, HK Hibee, Mark Connolly, microdave, qos_75, throbber, weirdcal 134
17. Arbroathlegend36-0 110

18. Arch Stanton, LoonsYouthTeam, Ludo*1, mozam76 101
22. alta-pete, Billy Jean King, Indale Winton, sparky88, Sweaty Morph 84
27. get_the_subbies_on 70
28. ICTJohnboy, peasy 23 69

30. atfccfc, chomp my root, DG.Roma, Donathan, Fuctifano, gkneil, HI HAT,  Karpaty Lviv, lichtgilphead, Lofarl, lolls, Michael W, pub car king, The_Craig, The DA, The Naitch, thistledo 67
47. sleazy 55
48. Aim here 43

49. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxCIfczRUmrRrW79tUQ0vJ5KaHZpYENsTKmDqW4X3W4/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Reading that ex Dundee and Aberdeen player Patrizio Billio has died but can't see any official confirmation online. Wikipedia says he's dead but that's not reliable.

AC Milan official twitter confirmed.

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1617842515889225730?s=20&t=pA5R6MdZ3qVgIRhXAtoU7g

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay