The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

On 18/01/2023 at 10:35, The DA said:

Piers Haggard at 83.  Pennies From Heaven and The Blood On Satan's Claw.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/17/piers-haggard-dead-british-director-dies-aged-83-18118760/

He was a lodger with my granny as a drama student.

That doesn't get me Deadpool points but it connects me obliquely with Peter Sellers....

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's quite funny Americans can't drive straight but seem to shoot reasonably well.

Not really, they just spray so many rounds someone’s sure to get hit.

image.gif.a4b9b97c03651f80006a9f8a24c51912.gif

Edited by TxRover

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

The drink drive limit of 0.08 allows the average person at least two to three drinks before getting to the limit...is what everyome thinks, discounting the fact everyone gets oversized drinks or double shots. The older limit, 0.10, was in place a long time and allowed three or four drinks. In both cases, the time also is a factor, with people not understanding three drinks in an hour is different than three drinks over three hours.

I wasn't suggesting the folks were over the limit on those TV shows.  I was just pointing out how inappropriate it is to portray folk drinking then driving - it's not setting a good example. 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Beano artist David Sutherland, just as he was about to get an OBE too. He drew the Bash Street Kids amongst others. 

Incidentally, separated at birth: 

1106066708_leighg.thumb.jpg.fdc259700bbfa6d13a394cd2b79465e6.jpg

65404697_wilfridbs.thumb.jpg.e5e63036e7e97884396f4f5581a1221c.jpg

While Plug, of course, went to Tannadice.

14 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

I think he would turn, turn, turn in his grave if you forgot to mention the other band he was with.

7 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

To be honest, David Crosby making it that far should give us all hope of a long life. That said, this is one of those "why the f**k did I not pick him" moments.

There is the theory he and it this long for reasons similar to Ozzy Osborne and Keith Richards. Might encourage some to “experiment”, eh?

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wasn't suggesting the folks were over the limit on those TV shows.  I was just pointing out how inappropriate it is to portray folk drinking then driving - it's not setting a good example. 

But, they often were and were portrayed as such. Consider the Christmas classic, It’s a Wonderful Night…he drives drunk and hits a tree, and it results in his salvation.