The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

On 03/01/2023 at 10:50, HK Hibee said:

Nil points for me in both 2021 and 2022. Here’s hoping 2023 is when I break my cherry 

Off the mark in 2023. A few on my list I would have preferred it to be rather than Vialli but won’t stop me taking the points

It's a real sad one, great player and seemed a great guy. Being part of the staff to win the Euros in your adopted home city, what a way to bow out.

Points wise, yes please. Took me 364 days to get off the mark last year, just 6 this time. My dull but safe strategy of picking ill people rather than immortals and dafties will win me no fans, but might help achieve some midtable stability to build on in the future, when said dafties will be a little bit older and slightly deader. A sad day, but a good start.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As far as I can see no-one has Prince Harry on their lists - I would have been tempted to have him as my captain if he had published his biography sooner.

On the subject of disconnected Royals, that reminds me. I see Miguel has Prince Edward down as 'King's Cousin'. Which is wrong. He's one of the king's brothers! Off with his head!

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

On the subject of disconnected Royals, that reminds me. I see Miguel has Prince Edward down as 'King's Cousin'. Which is wrong. He's one of the king's brothers! Off with his head!

There is also Prince Edward, Duke of Kent (who I think is on my list) who is a cousin of either the King or the late Queen. Probably him rather than the Earl of Brechin?

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

There is also Prince Edward, Duke of Kent (who I think is on my list) who is a cousin of either the King or the late Queen. Probably him rather than the Earl of Brechin?

Aha, right you are. Nothing to see here! I didn't pay attention to the birthday.

16 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I believe I told @Sergeant Wilson he'd need to keep me right if he went.

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He was worth it a few years ago when he was involved with the Italian mafia and might have been bumped off in an unusual way for some extra points but he's retired to one of the high security castles since then and I don't think he was even out and about for the queen's funeral.