The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

Unfortunately, due to a 'technical mishap', I shall not be participating in this year's event. However, much like Pozbaird, I shall be yelling encouragement from the sidelines and having a wee schadenfreudlich chuckle if, and when, any of the following shuffle off this mortal coil..................

1.    Sepp Blatter
2.   Eileen Atkins - Actress
3.    Edna O’Brien – Author
4.    Ann Budge – some old witch with a connection to Hearts.
5.    Henry Kissinger - war criminal
6.    Norman Tebbit - Lurch impersonator
7.    Richard Meier – famous American architect. (TEAM CAPTAIN)
8.    Jeremy Clarkson - c**t
9.    Sandy Gall – Scottish ex-newscaster & author.
10.    Paz de la Huerta – American actress, model & Harvey Weinstein accuser.
11.    Piers Corbyn – Jeremy’s bro.
12.    Rupert Murdoch - c**t
13.    Yoko Ono - onetime member of Fluxus art collective.
14.    Nick Mason – Pink Floyd drummer.
15.    Mario Zagallo – former Brazilian footballer. 

2022 was my first Deadpool and I had 3 hits, so quite happy overall, although I'm still wondering if Henry K., much like Han Solo, has been cryogenically frozen and joined The Undead...................auld basturt.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Unfortunately, due to a 'technical mishap', I shall not be participating in this year's event. However, much like Pozbaird, I shall be yelling encouragement from the sidelines and having a wee schadenfreudlich chuckle if, and when, any of the following shuffle off this mortal coil..................

1.    Sepp Blatter
2.   Eileen Atkins - Actress
3.    Edna O’Brien – Author
4.    Ann Budge – some old witch with a connection to Hearts.
5.    Henry Kissinger - war criminal
6.    Norman Tebbit - Lurch impersonator
7.    Richard Meier – famous American architect. (TEAM CAPTAIN)
8.    Jeremy Clarkson - c**t
9.    Sandy Gall – Scottish ex-newscaster & author.
10.    Paz de la Huerta – American actress, model & Harvey Weinstein accuser.
11.    Piers Corbyn – Jeremy’s bro.
12.    Rupert Murdoch - c**t
13.    Yoko Ono - onetime member of Fluxus art collective.
14.    Nick Mason – Pink Floyd drummer.
15.    Mario Zagallo – former Brazilian footballer. 

2022 was my first Deadpool and I had 3 hits, so quite happy overall, although I'm still wondering if Henry K., much like Han Solo, has been cryogenically frozen and joined The Undead...................auld basturt.

Piers Corbyn… the only man on the country who somehow manages to simultaneously but prevent Jeremy from being the biggest nut job Corbyn, and Mr Morgan from being the biggest nut job Piers. 

6 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

First points of the season for my captain. Gianluca Vialli is in the box for the last time. 

Was reading up on him as part of my research, he was the son of a millionaire. Without knowing the full story I can guess he must have been really driven to play football as I assume he wasn't just doing it for the cash.

Edited by chomp my root
I'm stoopid.

7 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Absolutely shite. Cancer can gtf. 

Yip - big strong fella, fit & healthy, and presumably able to afford top notch healthcare - what fucking chance do any of us have!?

Played a big role in Italy's 2020 success and comes across as very much loved in their documentary about the tournament - Gut-wrenching, ciao etc.

If Pele and the Pope could have held on for another week, I would have had a hat-trick already.

Mind you, so would most of the Dead Pool league, but still. 

Anyway, time for the reaper to get rid of a c**t now. Putin in the next month or so would be good. 

4 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

If Pele and the Pope could have held on for another week, I would have had a hat-trick already.

Mind you, so would most of the Dead Pool league, but still. 

Anyway, time for the reaper to get rid of a c**t now. Putin in the next month or so would be good. 

If it's a choice between him and Phil Collins, I know who I'm voting for.

On 02/01/2023 at 23:27, Aim Here said:

My perennial spreadsheet, at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18i0Cn-E7CeVPRDDenTxHY3Og_zVa-tfYV42mid6WTpk has the list, with colour coded dual/solo picks in both the 'Players' and 'Picks' worksheets (and you can look across the columns to get the actual pick count for any given pick). You have three solos and two duals.

There's more than one spelling issue. I think I caught them all and whittled it down to 435 solos and 96 duos. It was a little fiddly what with Curmudgeon's team of duplicate name dopplegangers and the double Frank Fieldses.

This is always handy to have in one of the reserved posts on page 1 @Miguel Sanchez if there's still a space?