Morton V QP

On 09/02/2023 at 10:12, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m quite surprised at Morton fans thinking that a) they have a decent chance of winning and b) it’ll get them back on track.

Our team is significantly improved since the first game and Morton’s hoofball prowess won’t work this time. We have numerous players who can score. We attack swiftly and in numbers. Our shutouts in the last 3 months are formidable. Defence is solid. Anything’s possible of course but the probable is heavily stacked against you.

As for “getting back on track”, if you lose does that mean the wheels are off the bogey?

Back. On. Track...

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I hope this isn't a slight on Williamson, who I thought offered something coming on. But I agree that taking Thomas off when we're chasing a game is a wild decision. I have rarely though Coyle has made a bad decision this season, but this was definitely one of them.

It is a slight on Williamson in the sense that Thomas is a much better player than him, and would have offered us much more. Badly missed his delivery from set pieces, we had about 400 corners in the second half but barely put one threatening ball into the box.

15 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It is a slight on Williamson in the sense that Thomas is a much better player than him, and would have offered us much more. Badly missed his delivery from set pieces, we had about 400 corners in the second half but barely put one threatening ball into the box.

This is fair and I also accept the response from @Spiders67. Thomas coming off was a really poor decision from Coyle. I noticed Thomas reacted with a double take before realising it was him coming off, but I still don't think Williamson did poorly. Maybe I'm biased because I just really want to see him do well. 

But I would also agree Healy definitely had a good impact and I would love to see more of him. 

Well a great day has been had by all except put a sock init.

Pity Dundee will have noticed our new balls and maybe not the free hit they where looking for next Friday.

Are any of you boys allowed out after dark because we love a bit of Friday night atmosphere at Cappielow 

Apologies for distressing but this match thread seems to have attracted thr Morten baters or Mastrobaters.

Well enjoyed today and the open game QP brought. That is except the last 10 minutes when Dougie looked for the boys to see the game out.

Could not fault anyone today. 

Dougie showed his balls putting Oakley and Muirhead up front. Also listened to call for getting McGratten back in the starting lineup. So the boy ain't that great at defending but for sure he knows to take the ball to the other team and create chances. 

Worried when he was replaced by Gillespie as the attacking threat had gone and Queens surged forward thinking the threat had gone. Sadly it only took seconds and their confidence was back when we should have binned them by that stage.

Not sure why Quitongo was kept on by 80 mins as his day was done and we played the last 10 plus World Cup type injury time of 6 mins. Did anyone see anybody carried off taking 4 to 6 minutes?

Anyway socks as VT would say thanks for playing and thanks for QP for a great game.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Salty, salty tears.

IMG-20180424-WA0000.jpg.f61c8b0f9f4a8c7770445c8c0179f68d.jpg

It's telling that I don't think there's another manager, bar maybe Ian McCall's, that has his post match stuff instantly posted on here as soon as it's up as it's guaranteed tears. Brilliant to see.

5 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well enjoyed today and the open game QP brought. That is except the last 10 minutes when Dougie looked for the boys to see the game out.

Could not fault anyone today. 

Dougie showed his balls putting Oakley and Muirhead up front. Also listened to call for getting McGratten back in the starting lineup. So the boy ain't that great at defending but for sure he knows to take the ball to the other team and create chances. 

Worried when he was replaced by Gillespie as the attacking threat had gone and Queens surged forward thinking the threat had gone. Sadly it only took seconds and their confidence was back when we should have binned them by that stage.

Not sure why Quitongo was kept on by 80 mins as his day was done and we played the last 10 plus World Cup type injury time of 6 mins. Did anyone see anybody carried off taking 4 to 6 minutes?

Anyway socks as VT would say thanks for playing and thanks for QP for a great game.

He played about 4 minutes.

Kicked off at 4.01 on my phone and blew on 4.50.

6 subs, some stoppages, some time wasting, 4ish was probably right 

Some fans need to check when the game kicks off and not go by the clock, some were calling for time and it had only just went 90 minutes.

14 minutes ago, madton said:

He played about 4 minutes.

Kicked off at 4.01 on my phone and blew on 4.50.

6 subs, some stoppages, some time wasting, 4ish was probably right 

Some fans need to check when the game kicks off and not go by the clock, some were calling for time and it had only just went 90 minutes.

Must admit I didn't have the calmness to start my phone timer but it felt like for ever!!!

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's telling that I don't think there's another manager, bar maybe Ian McCall's, that has his post match stuff instantly posted on here as soon as it's up as it's guaranteed tears. Brilliant to see.

Ian Murray’s tears were great after we beat them at Cappielow earlier in the season.

He’s a right p***k of a guy.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Ian Murray’s tears were great after we beat them at Cappielow earlier in the season.

It's strange how no opposition team seems to have ever deserved to lose to a Morton side now rightfully restored to the promotion play-offs. With the exception of Billy Dodds' Inverness, as even he didn't have the brass neck to challenge their monumental bodying on live TV at the field of dreams. 

Much in the same way that Morton are always presented as a very physical opponent. Just before the other team chucks on three 6 foot 3, hammer-throwers who would be as effective egg-chasing for the final half hour of each match. 🤔

Edited by vikingTON

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

He does have quite the sour pus on him tbf but I quite like Murray all things being said. Far cry from Coyle's constant tears.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

It's strange how no opposition team seems to have ever deserved to lose to a Morton side now rightfully restored to the promotion play-offs. With the exception of Billy Dodds' Inverness, as even he didn't have the brass neck to challenge their monumental bodying on live TV at the field of dreams. 

Much in the same way that Morton always presented as a very physical opponent. Just before the other team chucks on three 6 foot 3, hammer-throwers who would be as effective egg-chasing for the final half hour of each match. 🤔

Indeed. Typically you hear how we “play a certain way”, basically mangers’ code for, this lot are just putting the boot into our clearly superior players, and using it as something to get into referees’ minds pre-match or as an excuse post match.

In fairness, Lee Bullen generally comes across as very fair and balanced.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee fan's obsession with Coyle is so strange

Get over the fact he played like 10 mins for your rivals 20 years ago

16 minutes ago, QPFC67 said:

Dundee fan's obsession with Coyle is so strange

Get over the fact he played like 10 mins for your rivals 20 years ago

It's really nothing to do with that. I quite liked Coyle as a player despite playing for the DABs. It's his constant deluded mewling that causes a reaction.