Queens v Kelty

9 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Get Gibson and his bunch of imposter defenders to f**k.  Spare me any excuses about flu victims, this shower of underachievers have been taking the piss for most of the season. Don't trust Gibson with a January window, get someone in to sort things out if we're to finish near mid table. 

We'll done to Kelty, deserved win imo. Kelty No 6 must have had his easiest game of the season. Had the feel of a training game for them at times. 

I think we probably will finish effectively in mid table.

Missing out on even the play offs, however, is pretty unacceptable.

17 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Genuinely can't see the board acting. It's not like the signs haven't been there for a while, before last season ended. 

Gibson surely isn’t on that much more money than they were paying him as a player anyway, and both him and Murray’s contracts are to the end of the season. The difference in our league position if we get it right would pay both their wages for 6 months surely

8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Get Gibson and his bunch of imposter defenders to f**k.  Spare me any excuses about flu victims, this shower of underachievers have been taking the piss for most of the season. Don't trust Gibson with a January window, get someone in to sort things out if we're to finish near mid table. 

We'll done to Kelty, deserved win imo. Kelty No 6 must have had his easiest game of the season. Had the feel of a training game for them at times. 

Kelty deserved the win apart from the 1st 10 mins we were very poor.

Kelty had the experience we lack Foster and especially Low outstanding.  

2nd half only a matter of time before they scored we had one chance which the keeper saved well from Connelly .

It looked to me like we played 4-5-1 in the 2nd half we still never got near the ball.

Easy excuse for Wuliie players tired because of the flu bug that is not good enough for me 

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I confess I know very little (nothing) about maintenance of 3G pitches but if the surface is thawing can they not brush over it, and apply new rubber crumb if needed. They've got a big brushing machine on the back of a tractor have they not? I await the usual responses that I'm a stupid cnut if this is not practical. 

A 3G surface should never be allowed to have a snow build up on it and freeze. The catch is sweeping the snow off damages the surface and also thins the granules, and the replacement crumb ain’t cheap. Ideally, you’d help melt the snow using PDV salt and scoop the field clear. The granules can run £175-£225 for a short ton from discount (read as Chinese) suppliers, but probably more like £1000-£1500 if you have to replace 25% of the granules. The PDV salt is about £500 a metric ton, and I don’t know how much you’d have to spread before the snowfall.

Here’s a short précis:

“Winter maintenance for a 3G football pitch can be a pain with the harsh weather conditions and the fluctuations in the environment. A good routine to perform is:

Check the weather – Sports matches are planned in advance, meaning you can get the date beforehand. With the date, do some checks on how the weather will be before the day and on the day as this will allow you to avoid the most common issue, being unprepared.

Lay PDV salt – If you find out that the weather is going to be cold and freezing, you should prepare yourself with some PDV (Pure Dried Vacuum) salt. Sprinkle the salt across the synthetic pitch the night before. The salt acts as an anti-freeze prevention method, meaning that in the morning, the field shouldn’t be badly frozen where damage can be done.

Scoop snow off – Snow can be incredibly bad for the pitch if left on it for too long. It’s usually recommended to remove the snow within a period of a day to avoid constant damage being done on the surface.”

In summary, you might be a stupid cnut…but it really is surprising how much damage a few days of snow sitting, freezing and then melting can do to an “all weather” surface. Apparently it causes the fibres to lie down, assisted by the reduced crumb, and makes them wear faster if not properly groomed and infilled before the next use.

Sigh. Left the ground absolutely fizzing today for more reasons than one and have quickly reverted back to feeling indifferent. 

Thought we defended really well today up until the goal unfortunately. It was eye bleeding stuff but Kelty had absolutely nothing of note before the goal apart from a tame Low shot in the first half. I'd like to see the FK for the goal again because my initial thought was No. 3 just jumped in the air and Cook bought it. Didn't look a foul at all. Sadly we reverted back to being shit defensively for that brief spell and it obviously cost us. The penalty I've already commented on. Cardle is a prolific diver but Currie is stupid enough to bring him down. Pretty frustrating that they switch off twice all game and it results in two goals. Though it's been a regular occurrence all season so WG takes some of the blame for not taking the pressure off us at the back. 

If fingers should be pointed it should be at the midfield and attack today though. Not sure what part of offering absolutely f**k all going forward is the defence's fault tbh. 

On 13/12/2022 at 12:30, DoonhamerDon said:

Expecting to have that small voice in my head "could we maybe just sneak into that last play-off spot?" silenced again.

Took longer than expected but that's that thought(dream?) extinguished again. Possibly for the last time this season. 

The long sludge to 8th place is going to be painful.  

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Gibson surely isn’t on that much more money than they were paying him as a player anyway, and both him and Murray’s contracts are to the end of the season. The difference in our league position if we get it right would pay both their wages for 6 months surely

Of course that would suggest the decision makers are bothered about where we finish in the league. However, I get the impression they aren’t too fussed.

Sadly there isn’t anything we can do about it. So I suppose we just have to smile and get on with it. 

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

Of course that would suggest the decision makers are bothered about where we finish in the league. However, I get the impression they aren’t too fussed.

Sadly there isn’t anything we can do about it. So I suppose we just have to smile and get on with it. 

But why would that be the case? The lower we finish the less money we earn, and as a result the directors will need to put more of their own money in

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sigh. Left the ground absolutely fizzing today for more reasons than one and have quickly reverted back to feeling indifferent. 

Thought we defended really well today up until the goal unfortunately. It was eye bleeding stuff but Kelty had absolutely nothing of note before the goal apart from a tame Low shot in the first half. I'd like to see the FK for the goal again because my initial thought was No. 3 just jumped in the air and Cook bought it. Didn't look a foul at all. Sadly we reverted back to being shit defensively for that brief spell and it obviously cost us. The penalty I've already commented on. Cardle is a prolific diver but Currie is stupid enough to bring him down. Pretty frustrating that they switch off twice all game and it results in two goals. Though it's been a regular occurrence all season so WG takes some of the blame for not taking the pressure off us at the back. 

If fingers should be pointed it should be at the midfield and attack today though. Not sure what part of offering absolutely f**k all going forward is the defence's fault tbh. 

Gibson got his tactics wrong again has he the experience to manage us  why change to 4-5-1 when with our poor  keeper and defence we will always concede  made it easy for Kelty they had all the ball especially in the 2nd half only a matter if time before they scored .

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

A 3G surface should never be allowed to have a snow build up on it and freeze. The catch is sweeping the snow off damages the surface and also thins the granules, and the replacement crumb ain’t cheap. Ideally, you’d help melt the snow using PDV salt and scoop the field clear. The granules can run £175-£225 for a short ton from discount (read as Chinese) suppliers, but probably more like £1000-£1500 if you have to replace 25% of the granules. The PDV salt is about £500 a metric ton, and I don’t know how much you’d have to spread before the snowfall.

Here’s a short précis:

“Winter maintenance for a 3G football pitch can be a pain with the harsh weather conditions and the fluctuations in the environment. A good routine to perform is:

Check the weather – Sports matches are planned in advance, meaning you can get the date beforehand. With the date, do some checks on how the weather will be before the day and on the day as this will allow you to avoid the most common issue, being unprepared.

Lay PDV salt – If you find out that the weather is going to be cold and freezing, you should prepare yourself with some PDV (Pure Dried Vacuum) salt. Sprinkle the salt across the synthetic pitch the night before. The salt acts as an anti-freeze prevention method, meaning that in the morning, the field shouldn’t be badly frozen where damage can be done.

Scoop snow off – Snow can be incredibly bad for the pitch if left on it for too long. It’s usually recommended to remove the snow within a period of a day to avoid constant damage being done on the surface.”

In summary, you might be a stupid cnut…but it really is surprising how much damage a few days of snow sitting, freezing and then melting can do to an “all weather” surface. Apparently it causes the fibres to lie down, assisted by the reduced crumb, and makes them wear faster if not properly groomed and infilled before the next use.

There was no snow on the pitch.

We've not had any snow here.

57 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

But why would that be the case? The lower we finish the less money we earn, and as a result the directors will need to put more of their own money in

Puzzling then, that they left AJ at the helm for so long last season. 

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Puzzling then, that they left AJ at the helm for so long last season. 

Him and SC had more than a year left, and you’d presume both earned a higher wage, much bigger outlay to get rid of them

Not sure how much more of this the dwindling Palmerston faithful can take. Apart from opening 10 minutes Kelty bossed that game and while they didn’t create much -we sat back and generally invited trouble. The first goal was a joke - aimless high ball with no pace on it to the far post that should 
have been easily dealt with - Austin somehow scoring in splendid isolation from virtually 3 yards out. 

Our Manager must have been the only person in the ground who failed to see how much we were struggling today. That fast attacking football that he promised is a distant memory - sitting deep at home against the 8th ranked team in League 1 is truly awful. No changes when they were needed at HT and this group of under-achievers folded like a “cheap suit” for the umpteenth time this season.

Winter clear out required and at least 5+ quality signings needed. Can Wullie be trusted to deliver a major turnaround??  I don’t think so as he can’t even recognise what a huge miss he is personally and the arrogance to think that we can somehow do without our best player on a weekly basis is frankly mind blowing.

I have never seen a squad so lacking in drive, grit and backbone. As soon as they face adversity in a game all heads go down in unison. There was nothing remotely unlucky in that defeat - Kelty were the better side and deserved to win.

I didn’t really think this season could get any worse but that defeat was horrendous and merely confirms that there are only a handful of this squad that I ever want to see in a Queens’ shirt again. If there was a painless way of terminating contracts prematurely in the forthcoming “window”then a mass clear out would be a great option.

Didn’t make game today as works day out but a superb result on the road , always said Cardle better coming on for last 30-20 to run at a tiring defence , great to see Austin getting on the scoresheet , reliable source informing me Tidser back to best alongside Low (hope we can keep him ) Apart from QoS opening 25 mins they offered heehaw apparently 

2 fantastic league wins in a row and beating a more than decent Linfield last week bodes well for the league run in hopefully, just have to skelp the pars next week to ensure a braw xmas 

Mon Kelty