Hamilton 🛡️ vs 🦅 The Caley Colts

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And will we now see Austin Samuels make a grovelling public apology in the print media to Dodds ???????????

Tongue in cheek post!!

I'd be surprised if this is completely true.

I'd also be surprised if he didn't get the f*** out of Dodge in the summertime if there is no change in the management team.

Sometimes you just need to think of the long game and be smart.

Thought the young lads did well, had 3 or 4 decent chances in the first half and they seemed to run out of steam very early into the second half. Accies were more composed on the ball and carved out some good opportunities too.

Does anyone know if Dodds was in attendance today? 

Not a bad effort from the young lads. Worked hard and had some good play in spells. But were all easily shoved aff the ball and muscled through. Both goals Hamilton seemed to just go straight through the defence unchallenged. 

Calum mackay stood out the most with good runs around Hamilton creating some good chances. Wasn't brushed off as easily as the rest. Off the rest I'd say Barret Nicholson and Strachan were the best of the rest. 

Really should have levelled early on when a shot was headed to the keeper, when he could have taken a bit of time to kick it with more power. Just didn't realise how much space he had and rushed it

We basically played a young team today. McGinn was really good with some surging runs and I would have no qualms playing him before Shiels. Minmaugh strolled through the game and I am eating my words about him, there is a very composed footballer there. One is a work in progress but what a project he is! Fast, direct and a decent first touch. Mini Messi Lewis Latona came on and did really well. Watch this space with this young fella, an outstanding prospect. Finally,we saw De Bolle start a game, absolutely strolled through the game, awareness and passing was flawless, what a player we have on our hands if he can do this against a better team than we were faced with today.

Edited by stepek 4 tellys

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Really should have levelled early on when a shot was headed to the keeper, when he could have taken a bit of time to kick it with more power. Just didn't realise how much space he had and rushed it

This is what I noticed a few times with some of the young lads, they didn’t realise how much time they had on the ball and rushed their decision making, but that will come In time.

Young Mackay was good but don’t think he’s on the same level as his older brother was at that age (probably unfair comparing him to his brother tbf). Still plenty time for him to develop though. Strachan impressed me at left back, he didn’t seem fazed and looked confident bringing the ball out.