Tapatalk - The End

Completely understandable decision, however I’m another who thinks the browser version on mobile is awful. Constantly jumps around, really not pleasant to use (safari on iPhone in case it’s maybe different depending on device/browser). 

Browser on desktop is perfect with Tapatalk somewhere in the middle. 
Unfortunately I’ll probably use the site less now, hopefully in the future there’s a way to make a more mobile-friendly browsing experience. 

15 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Completely understandable decision, however I’m another who thinks the browser version on mobile is awful. Constantly jumps around, really not pleasant to use (safari on iPhone in case it’s maybe different depending on device/browser). 

Unfortunately I’ll probably use the site less now, hopefully in the future there’s a way to make a more mobile-friendly browsing experience. 

Can only be the ads that are impacting on the mobile experience. That should not be the case to the point where it's "awful".

I use it all the time on Safari on iPhone with no ads, and it's perfect.

I'll have a look and discuss with the ad boys and see what we can do.

23 hours ago, Div said:

We get more visits on mobile than we do on desktop and the site is designed to work perfectly on mobile devices. 

Guess some folk don't like the adverts, which is understandable, but there is an option to load the site free of any ads.

I've pretty much always used it from my phone via Chrome and can't think of any issues I've had.  Always felt the app was horrible in comparison.  

Edited by itzdrk

The ads on mobile made the site virtually unusable. The page would constantly jump around as ads loaded, you would then accidentally click on them whilst trying to find where you were etc. I am sure this behaviour is probably on purpose (not by P&B, I mean the ads are probably designed to work like this so it is more likely you click on them, after all that's the whole point of their existence). 

It was so bad I paid for the platinum membership. With platinum it is absolutely fine, no issues and for £1 a month or whatever it is and the fact I use the site virtually every day, it's worth it. 

2 hours ago, Div said:

Can only be the ads that are impacting on the mobile experience. That should not be the case to the point where it's "awful".

I use it all the time on Safari on iPhone with no ads, and it's perfect.

I'll have a look and discuss with the ad boys and see what we can do.

I think you’re right. Ads take a bit longer to load so you get the page, start to scroll and then the ads load and the page jumps. 
Awful probably overstated it. 
Frustrating might have been a better choice of adjective. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Upgrade to Platinum and start using Chrome.

It's not the ads that make the website inferior to the app for me. The app allowed you to batter through a load of threads pretty quick. Everything on the mobile site just takes much longer and is less intuitive to navigate through. 

The app had its disadvantages, but it was massively handy to have. 

There is a later version of the Tapatalk plugin that I've never been able to get to work.

I should have some time over the holiday season to have a better look at that and if I can get it running then I *might* be able to re-introduce TapaTalk.

No promises though!

Apart from recent issues, probably more to do with Android than P&B, I have never had an issue with the browser.

Ad blockers help with the annoying adverts.

I can see with the jumping around trying to type this, I'm still have issues as discussed.

I see the jumping issue on mobile when there are embedded twitter links. The page loads with only the link at first then the link expands to show the whole tweet. The page does jump about until all the tweets are fully expanded. I should say this is only an issue if you open the first unread post half way down a page, but give it a few seconds and it sorts itself out. If you open a full unread page it's not an issue.

10 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I see the jumping issue on mobile when there are embedded twitter links. The page loads with only the link at first then the link expands to show the whole tweet. The page does jump about until all the tweets are fully expanded. I should say this is only an issue if you open the first unread post half way down a page, but give it a few seconds and it sorts itself out. If you open a full unread page it's not an issue.

TBF it does that for me on desktop in firefox/chrome as well, so it's not just a mobile issue

21 hours ago, Div said:

There is a later version of the Tapatalk plugin that I've never been able to get to work.

I should have some time over the holiday season to have a better look at that and if I can get it running then I *might* be able to re-introduce TapaTalk.

No promises though!

Mods. FFS.

Agree with the jumping about comments, they are annoying. However I find just navigating the threads to be clunky and unintuitive, I’m probably thick. I use the Snowheads skiing forum regularly, it’s a much more basic and cheaper looking design but is way easier to navigate. I’m going to try the platinum version for a few months and see how that goes.