Tapatalk - The End

We've ran some software updates today and as part of this work we have now decided to officially switch off Tapatalk support for the forum.

If you've previously accessed the board via either our old P&B App (which was just a rebranded version of Tapatalk), or the Tapatalk App itself, this will no longer work I'm afraid.

You should instead switch to the mobile browser version of the board.

There's a few more upgrades to come, hopefully with a few to making the board run a bit faster, and removing Tapatalk is part of that strategy as it's a buggy pile of shite to be honest.

I must admit @Div when you started the update just as our match kicked off I was thinking “what a tosser, I really wanted to discuss this match as it happened and by past experience the game will be well done by the time the forum is back”. Turns out I was right. The match was well done by the time it was back, but the upgrade only took about 15 minutes…

10 hours ago, Div said:

We've ran some software updates today and as part of this work we have now decided to officially switch off Tapatalk support for the forum.

If you've previously accessed the board via either our old P&B App (which was just a rebranded version of Tapatalk), or the Tapatalk App itself, this will no longer work I'm afraid.

You should instead switch to the mobile browser version of the board.

There's a few more upgrades to come, hopefully with a few to making the board run a bit faster, and removing Tapatalk is part of that strategy as it's a buggy pile of shite to be honest.

I know Spain's style of football wasn't very successful, but I think Div's reaction is a bit drasric, tbh.

Oh well, that'll explain why I couldn't get Tapatalk to work today. Like JackRae2, I'll probably use it less as I find the mobile browser clunky and ad-ridden (I'd paid to remove them from Tapatalk). As an example, I've just tried to quote JackRae2 aand my screen highlights his text in blue but doesn't let me type a response- any idea why that's happening?

18 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Oh well, that'll explain why I couldn't get Tapatalk to work today. Like JackRae2, I'll probably use it less as I find the mobile browser clunky and ad-ridden (I'd paid to remove them from Tapatalk). As an example, I've just tried to quote JackRae2 aand my screen highlights his text in blue but doesn't let me type a response- any idea why that's happening?

Totally agree. Buggy pile of shite you say?

I hate the browser version  

On 09/12/2022 at 23:32, Archie McSquackle said:

How much to remove ads from Tapatalk? 

16 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Web browser entirely non user friendly on devices you might carry around ie phones. I understand the cost/complexity of having an app but it was infinitely superior in my opinion. 

We get more visits on mobile than we do on desktop and the site is designed to work perfectly on mobile devices. 

Guess some folk don't like the adverts, which is understandable, but there is an option to load the site free of any ads.

On 09/12/2022 at 20:07, Jack Rae2 said:

I’m not sure about others, but I can’t imagine I’m the only one to be disappointed to hear this. Never once had an issue with Tapatalk. Using a mobile browser just simply feels old, it’s not as smooth. I really can’t see myself bothering to visit the web browser too often and hope that there is plans for an app of some sort in the near future.

Sorry to hear that but Tapatalk definitely won't be coming back I'm afraid. Caused far too many problems.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Sorry to hear that but Tapatalk definitely won't be coming back I'm afraid. Caused far too many problems.

Buggy on dev side? I know a good few of us that used Tapatalk for the full time it was running and had 0 issues at all which is why I’m bemused by the fact it’s been turned off.

36 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Buggy on dev side? I know a good few of us that used Tapatalk for the full time it was running and had 0 issues at all which is why I’m bemused by the fact it’s been turned off.

Generated a couple of thousand event errors in the logs every day. Put additional overhead on the server, generated zero in ad revenue for us (but plenty for TapaTalk), and cost us a monthly fee to boot.

In the end just not worth continuing with it I'm afraid.

31 minutes ago, Div said:

Generated a couple of thousand event errors in the logs every day. Put additional overhead on the server, generated zero in ad revenue for us (but plenty for TapaTalk), and cost us a monthly fee to boot.

In the end just not worth continuing with it I'm afraid.

Completely understandable. I take it there’s no plans for an app at all? I just feel the website is very buggy, jumps about a lot randomly while reading through stuff. Just simply isn’t as smooth.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

They usually do a new year's deal where you get ad free for a year for, it was either one or two pounds. No point in getting for next year though it seems

Only a tenner for 365 ad free days on P&B! Personally I've always preferred the browser version anyway, found the app too glitchy and never bothered with tapatalk. 

Add me to the list of posters disappointed with the loss of the app. Surely there is another way to have a forum app - must it be Tapatalk that you go through? The mobile browser is awful to use. Could a new app not be developed? Personally speaking I'd be more than happy to buy an app for P&B. The Platinum Membership could also remain as a means to remove adverts from the app version - bringing additional revenue.