Queen’s Park Vs Montrose

h_w7864

It’s a break from the Championship as we’re back into SPFL Trust Trophy action. Montrose are the visitors to Hampden and If you’re a Queen’s Park supporter, it’s been a great couple of days. Unbeaten in 4 matches, The football being played and the return to Hampden was very successful with an attendance of 3231. You’ve just got to hand it to the club for making last Saturday great.

It’s a chance for either team to cement their place as real contenders for the cup and it should be a great game all round. The Mo have stumbled recently with the 5-2 defeat to Darvel in the Scottish Cup a shock and the 0-0 draw against Alloa but they’ll definitely look to cause an upset on the weekend as they haven’t lost to Queen’s since 2016 when we won 2-0 at Hampden, However we’ve got a squad who are experiencing great form so we have nothing to fear.

The Lineup will be identical to the one we had at Peterhead with a couple of changes but still a strong side. Wouldn’t want to drop the likes of Murray, Savoury, Thomas and Boateng and give minutes to players who need them so I’d go with this Starting 11:

Ferrie

Naismith Fox Eze Robson

Bannon Boateng

Thomas Savoury McPake

Murray

Montrose will definitely make it difficult for us but when we get that 1st goal, We’ll be on are way. it’ll be another dominant display as we coast to the next Round.

QPFC 3-0 MFC

Great to see that Queen’s Park STHs and Members go free and tickets are only £10/5. Although we won’t be able to replicate the same numbers we got against Hamilton on the weekend, hopefully some fans will have bought into the Club and come to some more games. Safe Travels to Montrose fans coming to the Game and enjoy the rest of the week.

9816410A-CCF4-4109-BF08-0366FC8004F8.jpeg

Edited by h_w7864

Interesting to see the line up from QP. Given this would be the game to mix it up, why Kilday’s been moved to RB rather than David Boateng? I know he’s not really got going while he’s been here, but If he’s not playing him here, could we see him off in January?

I can see why Naismith isn’t competing for a starting jersey given his performance so far. Looks a bit sluggish.  

Won’t be a performance that’ll live long in the memory today but we’ve given ourselves a real opportunity of winning this cup when you look at some of the teams left. Would take anyone other than Dundee and to an extent, Dunfermline. Clyde would be lovely in terms of progression to the semis. When is the draw ?

12 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Won’t be a performance that’ll live long in the memory today but we’ve given ourselves a real opportunity of winning this cup when you look at some of the teams left. Would take anyone other than Dundee and to an extent, Dunfermline. Clyde would be lovely in terms of progression to the semis. When is the draw ?

13th. It’s also the draw for the semis.

Edited by MazzyStar

2 hours ago, The Spiderman said:

Interesting to see the line up from QP. Given this would be the game to mix it up, why Kilday’s been moved to RB rather than David Boateng? I know he’s not really got going while he’s been here, but If he’s not playing him here, could we see him off in January?

I can see why Naismith isn’t competing for a starting jersey given his performance so far. Looks a bit sluggish.  

Yes I thought we would see David Boateng. If he's not meriting a start then I can't see the point of keeping him beyond January. I would like to see some decent defensive loans in the window, we still don't look that solid at the back. Ferrie impressive again when we needed him.

We weren't great, but still some attractive attacking football, if a bit unlucky.  Williamson very good again, and liked the look of Connolly, but I think Bannon struggled with his role today. 

Montrose appear a lot better than Falkirk!

10 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes I thought we would see David Boateng. If he's not meriting a start then I can't see the point of keeping him beyond January. I would like to see some decent defensive loans in the window, we still don't look that solid at the back. Ferrie impressive again when we needed him.

We weren't great, but still some attractive attacking football, if a bit unlucky.  Williamson very good again, and liked the look of Connolly, but I think Bannon struggled with his role today. 

Montrose appear a lot better than Falkirk!

Can’t see Boateng staying beyond January tbh. Clearly not favoured and even though he’s had limited minutes, he’s not shown much promise unfortunately. 

Think Boateng, Kenny and Moore are the likely candidates for leaving next month 

Thought Queen's Park just about deserved the win. Montrose played okay but just didn't finish well enough.

Queen's Park exerted more pressure in the second half but it was a pretty even game and entertaining with decent skills on display from both sides.

The first goal was down to a defensive slip up, which allowed Thomas an easy shot leaving Sinclair with little chance.

The second was a good effort. I think helped by the fact Montrose thought there had been a hand ball at the other end of the pitch and were a bit sluggish to react.

In a way I am glad we didn't go out on penalties as that's worse in my opinion.

It was good to be able to visit Hampden Stadium again. Just a pity about the result.

Back to more important league business. Good luck to Queen's Park in the next round.

6 hours ago, Brummo said:

Thought Queen's Park just about deserved the win. Montrose played okay but just didn't finish well enough.

Queen's Park exerted more pressure in the second half but it was a pretty even game and entertaining with decent skills on display from both sides.

The first goal was down to a defensive slip up, which allowed Thomas an easy shot leaving Sinclair with little chance.

The second was a good effort. I think helped by the fact Montrose thought there had been a hand ball at the other end of the pitch and were a bit sluggish to react.

In a way I am glad we didn't go out on penalties as that's worse in my opinion.

It was good to be able to visit Hampden Stadium again. Just a pity about the result.

Back to more important league business. Good luck to Queen's Park in the next round.

Went along as a neutral today,  thought it was,a decent game,  Mo unlucky on a number of occasions with  the front 3 really playing well,  saw McAllister a few times in the last year and He seemed to be on the drift,  today he was outstanding along with Johnson and Lyons  for Queens there midfield is very impressive Thomas, Savoury and McPake were class acts,  break through them and the back four can get at,    

Totally different side Queens this season,  you never know half a season to go and form on their side...

Going by the highlights that could’ve been about 8-8. Montrose very unlucky not to score but a MOTM from Ferrie kept them out. 

Our big players just keep doing the business when required though and main thing is that we’re through. 

Ferris absolutely deserving his MOTM award, some of our defensive work was very suspect. The boys on the SpidersTalk podcast pointed out that we look a bombscare every time we face a cross into the box & that continues today. I think a team like Dundee or Ayr finish them. 

You can totally see how the idea of ‘total football’ is being instilled especially in the final third. A few things just not sticking, but the hope is with more match practice these will begin to come to fruition. 

For me we need to bring in defensive cover (Naismith didn’t convince me) and a more physical striker.