The Traitors (includes spoilers)

MSU

We’re on to the second episode of the US one and I’m morbidly enjoying it purely because no human being in recorded history has ever dressed or spoken like Alan Cummings is here. This is “Scottish stereotype for yank tv” heritage right before our eyes.

The yank contestants all appear to be monumentally stupid, so looking forward to some unintentional comedy as a result of their idiocy.

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

We’re on to the second episode of the US one and I’m morbidly enjoying it purely because no human being in recorded history has ever dressed or spoken like Alan Cummings is here. This is “Scottish stereotype for yank tv” heritage right before our eyes.

The yank contestants all appear to be monumentally stupid, so looking forward to some unintentional comedy as a result of their idiocy.

Alan Cummings is pretty hilarious, his outfits get even more wild as the series goes on.

The first two episodes are a bit slow but after that it's been very enjoyable viewing so far.

Currently on episode 6, if you thought the meltdowns were bad on the UK version, the US version takes it to another level 😄

They seem much more cutthroat on the American version. There is much less "oh I'm so sorry" stuff and bursting into tears every ten minutes (there's still a bit of it, but not as much). One particular banished contestant turning and giving them all a round of fucks on the way out was fun. I'm enjoying it, on the last episode now.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Finished it now. Excellent ending to a fun series.

Thought Arie's decision to surrender because he was pissed off that Cirie wanted all the money, thus basically guaranteeing that she got all the money, was pretty odd.

He also didn't seem to get much in the way of thanks from the others for his noble sacrifice.

Still, Cirie played well and deserved to win. Felt very sorry for Andie though.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just finished the US version. Decent but preferred the mix of random normal folk on the UK version. Hard watching celebrities vote off normal folk who probably needed the cash more. Both would definitely benefit from a reunion show with the associated arguments no doubt. Feels very abrupt and cut short at the end. 

Spoiler

Thought Arie’s withdrawal kind of killed the US version. Was hoping he’d do what happened in the UK and screw over the remaining traitor. But he basically screwed over the last two faithfuls and handed Cirie the cash. She did play a blinder though. 

Edited by roverthemoon

• 2 weeks later...

Kate has to be one on the most despicable people ever to appear on television. A genuinely horrible c**t of a woman. A complete spoiled brat as well. Just finished watching the barrel episode and I think I'd have launched a barrel at her head. I'd have voted her off purely for her performance. 

Hopefully she doesn't have long left. Fucking bimbo. 

On 25/01/2023 at 00:27, 19QOS19 said:

Kate has to be one on the most despicable people ever to appear on television. A genuinely horrible c**t of a woman. A complete spoiled brat as well. Just finished watching the barrel episode and I think I'd have launched a barrel at her head. I'd have voted her off purely for her performance. 

Hopefully she doesn't have long left. Fucking bimbo. 

Kate is a fucking hero you take that back. 

10 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I'm at a loss with what to do with my life now as I've watched the UK, US and Australian versions. Would recommend the Oz version to those who've not seen it, it's obviously got a lot of similarities but enough differences to make it interesting

It has a contestant who claims to be a medium. That should be enough for most to get going.

9 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I'm at a loss with what to do with my life now as I've watched the UK, US and Australian versions. Would recommend the Oz version to those who've not seen it, it's obviously got a lot of similarities but enough differences to make it interesting

I'll watch the US one until the end of this season but I doubt I'll go back if there's a second. Couldn't wait to watch the next episode of the UK one but only managing one a night of the US one. A combination of the over the top production and me wanting to throw my shoe at Kate's face means I'm struggling to get through.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll watch the US one until the end of this season but I doubt I'll go back if there's a second. Couldn't wait to watch the next episode of the UK one but only managing one a night of the US one. A combination of the over the top production and me wanting to throw my shoe at Kate's face means I'm struggling to get through.

Stick with it, it did annoy me a bit with the constant repeat of what just happened for an American ad audience.

• 5 months later...
On 08/07/2023 at 14:53, Bully Wee Villa said:

The Traitors Australia is all on the iPlayer from tomorrow morning. I enjoyed the UK and US ones so hopefully this will be more of the same.

I’ve watched the first 2 eps so far. What an incredible bunch of contestants. 

Spoiler

I’d have binned MK just for being absolutely grating, regardless of whether I thought he was a traitor or not. 

The Aussie version has just predictably succeeded in punting me back to a UK rewatch. The last half hour of the UK finale is right up there in terms of TV with Ozymandias.