German coup attempt

ICTChris

3 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:
9 hours ago, O said:
From the Haus of Bruar if I'm not mistaken.

A full length photo would have revealed bright red cords and brogue jackboots. Quite normal for Perthshire.

As is the politics of the wearer…

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If the Serge had enacted his plan Wilson would have likely have been ousted and replaced by Peggy Mount

FFS, tam, there's only about 6 people on this entire forum who know who Peggy Mount is. You'll be giving tutorials on Hilda Baker and Mary Marquis next.

father-tedand-doyle.gif.1ea519e9849f717a3741aed3337a6df9.gif

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

FFS, tam, there's only about 6 people on this entire forum who know who Peggy Mount is. You'll be giving tutorials on Hilda Baker and Mary Marquis next.

References to things only yer da would know about-

Yes, I am Tam Cowan

Spoiler

Martin O'Neill? What a fud!

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Wasn't there a similar thing in the UK in the late 60s? Bunch of disgruntled ex-military and security services wanted to oust Harold and replace him with Mountbatten?

Iirc no one got arrested for that one...

There was a couple attempt in Spain in 1982.  Some guy stormed parliament, declared undying loyalty to the King and tried to stage a coup.  Unfortunately for him, the King declined the offer and the whole thing collapsed.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What do these people think will happen if they're successful. Say they get into government, kill/remove all the people in charge and go on the telly and say "we're running things now." Do they think the rest of the country or world will just sit and go along with it?

Excellent point.  I suspect they would be booted out of Eurovision almost immediately.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The far right have already won in the UK. 

If you see the Tories are far right, what do you call the actual British far right? Guys like Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin, who are a complete electoral irrelevance. If they were European they'd be MP's.

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Peggy Mount - Wikipedia

My girlfriend looks like Peggy Mount
What am I supposed to do?
I’m up the creek and never mind the paddle boy
I haven’t even got a canoe

11 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not been a great month for the Fatherland. Failed WC campaign, failed Coup.....they say bad luck comes in threes......?

I like to think of the on-the-fence coup organisers all watching the fitba, and upon seeing them being knocked out early (again), by their old ally Japan of all teams, just losing it with a slam of hands on the table and the German equivalent of "Right, that's f***in' it..."

If you see the Tories are far right, what do you call the actual British far right? Guys like Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin, who are a complete electoral irrelevance. If they were European they'd be MP's.
The prominence Farage gets is disproportionate to his support.

The Tories clearly have moved to the right to meet his challenge and to take back many of the voters who switched to UKIP fooled by the charlatan.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What do these people think will happen if they're successful. Say they get into government, kill/remove all the people in charge and go on the telly and say "we're running things now." Do they think the rest of the country or world will just sit and go along with it?

The idea that anyone can seize power through force is incredibly naive. Even if they succeed in killing/removing the people in power, they will not be "in charge" unless they have the necessary support and/or the means to suppress any resistance.

I like to think of the on-the-fence coup organisers all watching the fitba, and upon seeing them being knocked out early (again), by their old ally Japan of all teams, just losing it with a slam of hands on the table and the German equivalent of "Right, that's f***in' it..."
The timeline certainly works. The last straw so to speak.