Falkirk vs. Dundee - Challenge Cup 4th Rnd.

RossBFaeDundee

If the Twitter interaction I had with a Falkirk fan the other day is any indication to go by, the Bairns faithful will be raring to go for this game!

Us Dees are a fair bit less interested I would wager, though I think winning the Diddy Double™ wouldn't be the worst thing. We've been on a very strong streak of late, and I'd be surprised if Bowyer made too many changes to the starting XI, especially with extra time between this game and our next league one.

Would Falkirk fans say they've improved since our meeting in the League Cup, or has McGlynn's side stagnated or regressed? I remember the LC game being a relatively comfy win, but it took us a while to get there. Airdrie proved a tough challenge for us until ET in the Scottish Cup, so I'm sure this won't be a cakewalk.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

We have stagnated somewhat, and there are players (I'm talking about you Stephen McGinn) who desperately need a rest. There are also guys like Ryan Williamson who need minutes, although he probably gets in our strongest 11 anyway, but he needs to get back up to speed. Finn Yeats has also not had a lot of game time of late.

McGlynn absolutely needs to shuffle the pack for this, but I don't expect to see a "weakened" team as such... Just rest McGinn please, and maybe tinker with the front line. Alegria and Burrell together would be nice. Give them some time to play together even if we don't plan to start like that, it would be good to be able to use them together later in games if needed.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh, this is fun. Apparently we've not won in 7 attempts at Falkirk Stadium. Can we break two stadium-related streaks of futility in one week?

Did Dundee not beat us in the first game ever at TFS. Granted it was a friendly but a win none the less.

Unless Dundee rest a few big players think we’ll struggle to progress here. Dundee seem to have been fairly solid at the back in the league recently and obviously have options at front that’ll cause our fairly leaky back line problems. I predict goals, maybe 1-3 Dundee. 

Williamson, Byrne and French out with knocks, a couple others have the sickness bug our squad can't seem to shake off, So we'll be stretched on the bench. I suppose if we were to be struggling for squad depth, this game is the least concerning to have that problem.

Although we've certainly got a good performance in us we've been quite 'meh' of late. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Dundee don't progress here. Having said that, maybe the fact that nobody really gives a shit about this cup may allow the players to relax a bit and perform a bit better without the usual pressure being on them?

Ideally I'd like McGlynn to rest Donaldson, McCann and McGinn as we can't afford to lose any of them to injury or suspension and I'd like to see Burrell and Alegria get an extended run together up front. Problem with resting both Donaldson and McCann is that, because Henderson's out, we don't have the personnel to replace both!

So no experimenting, no strongest 11, but equally no rest for those who need it most, and no minutes for those you would argue need them most.

Cant say I'm particularly happy with this tbh.

What fucking good does it do to leave the likes of Yeats, Lawal on the bench?

And where is Ryan Williamson?

Shite