Alloa v Falkirk

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope you lads have the snow shovels out.

Would have for you to miss out on the famous #NBP, and for me to miss out on a roll on pie.

If last year taught me anything waiting for you boys to sign a headline diddy in the January transfer window  and manufacturing the ill-fated hype (and subsequent attendance boost) is also quite lucrative.

It'll all depend on how cold it is tonight. If it was a dry snow, it's easily moved but because it's wet too... if it freezes overnight the ground temperature might not recover and the stuff that's in and about the surface will not melt.

Ideally tomorrow there's a fair bit of rain and the salt will do its work.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

IF the weather is ok, and IF Alloa clear their pitch, and IF I can shovel my car from under this newly formed glacier here in Auchterarder, as I'm "doing" hospo with you guys @LeodhasXD, is there parking at the stadium or am I over at the retail park thing?

Not at the stadium, no. I'm pretty sure you can get away with Morrisons car park. Safe driving.

30 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If last year taught me anything waiting for you boys to sign a headline diddy in the January transfer window  and manufacturing the ill-fated hype (and subsequent attendance boost) is also quite lucrative.

It'll all depend on how cold it is tonight. If it was a dry snow, it's easily moved but because it's wet too... if it freezes overnight the ground temperature might not recover and the stuff that's in and about the surface will not melt.

Ideally tomorrow there's a fair bit of rain and the salt will do its work.

Griffiths was signed in February 🙃

Not overly confident about this one. Expecting a much tougher game than the one at the TFS. I think might be a good few goals in this. We cant keep chucking points away when Dunfermline do. They have a hard game at Airdrie so really hoping for three points here. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Not overly confident about this one. Expecting a much tougher game than the one at the TFS. I think might be a good few goals in this. We cant keep chucking points away when Dunfermline do. They have a hard game at Airdrie so really hoping for three points here. 

I'm not confident about it being on, hopefully Alloa in better nick than Larbert is. 

I'm also not confident about the game and the least surprising/most disappointing development about tomorrow is the very real possibility of Airdrie being level on points with us. Indeed, if we lose tomorrow its pretty conceivable we find ourselves outwith the playoffs spots.....

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not confident about it being on, hopefully Alloa in better nick than Larbert is. 

I'm also not confident about the game and the least surprising/most disappointing development about tomorrow is the very real possibility of Airdrie being level on points with us. Indeed, if we lose tomorrow its pretty conceivable we find ourselves outwith the playoffs spots.....

Airdrie have 11 points from their last 5 games where they are unbeaten. They are in form.

Being outwith the play-off spots, whilst it’s still early in the season, would be very, very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The weather is fine and they have a plastic pitch - how is this possible ??

This.

Genuinely no idea how it's off. My daughter goes to school in Alloa and by yesterday afternoon it was absolutely fine with most of the snow / ice gone. Since then there's been more rain and milder temperatures.

Just now, Gaz said:

This.

Genuinely no idea how it's off. My daughter goes to school in Alloa and by yesterday afternoon it was absolutely fine with most of the snow / ice gone. Since then there's been more rain and milder temperatures.

It’s piss poor. Was looking forward to it and when I looked out this morning and saw zero snow and the winter sun I assumed it would be on.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

This is my favourite bit of the thread where the conspiracy unravels.

I don't think there's a conspiracy, just folk wondering why the game is off when the majority of the snow / ice has gone and the temperatures have been milder.