Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Finn has been good defensively but we get nothing going forward on that side with him there, I look forward to him moving to starting on the left and seeing a bit more of what he's comfortable at doing.  

I thought Finn did more from an attacking perspective in his couple of games than Houston has managed all season. The boy can at least cross a ball, find a man and get it past the first defender which is an upgrade on what we had.

Apart from that, we have wingers in the side to whip the ball in so as long as he's switched on from a positional sense then I would have no worries at all about playing him and certainly wouldn't be using his inclusion as an excuse should we get scudded.

Musonda and Kirk are of course a miss, however Thistle haven't had their troubles to seek in that regard so again we can't be using that as an excuse and should still be strong enough if playing to our capabilities.

59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The same could be said or Houston and Reading, I think it is just the way we play.

I dont think you could reasonably say Houston or Reading have been good defensively 😹

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I dont think you could reasonably say Houston or Reading have been good defensively 😹

No. You could not. 

They we’re both signed as wing backs rather than full backs but haven’t been played as wing backs since the Kerr era. defending isn’t what they are good at. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I think Finn has been good defensively but we get nothing going forward on that side with him there, I look forward to him moving to starting on the left and seeing a bit more of what he's comfortable at doing.  

Agree to disagree, felt he did more than we get out of Houston or McAllister, i mean he forced a save from MacDonald against Raith which proves he got forward when he could.

Agree though he'll be better on the left, will be better than Reading IMO

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mark Shankland was off on trials to Liverpool and was seen as the next big thing, he made his debut and more or less ran at walking pace. Ryan Nesbit was another than scored barrowloads for the youth team but didn't step up. After a couple of games you knew they weren't going to make it. 

Apparently he's very bitter towards us and thinks we ruined his career.

In reality, he wasn't good enough.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Agree to disagree, felt he did more than we get out of Houston or McAllister, i mean he forced a save from MacDonald against Raith which proves he got forward when he could.

Agree though he'll be better on the left, will be better than Reading IMO

He also put in a great cross for Akinyemi up at Hamilton 

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Apparently he's very bitter towards us and thinks we ruined his career.

In reality, he wasn't good enough.

Think it was more Cameron he was bitter with than Ayr in general.  Was to do with not releasing his registration when he didn't re-sign and was still under contract and that's why he ended up at Talbot, same situation as Tiffoney that no one would pay the compo.  I think his fitness has probably held him back from having a decent career in the lower leagues in Scotland at least.  Technically gifted, but as you see him in the juniors, he's a few weeks without training away from adding a kilo or 5.

9 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think it was more Cameron he was bitter with than Ayr in general.  Was to do with not releasing his registration when he didn't re-sign and was still under contract and that's why he ended up at Talbot, same situation as Tiffoney that no one would pay the compo.  I think his fitness has probably held him back from having a decent career in the lower leagues in Scotland at least.  Technically gifted, but as you see him in the juniors, he's a few weeks without training away from adding a kilo or 5.

A poundland Morelos then.

56 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Partick fans hows the weather in the west end of Glasgow?

Dundee put out that their game is unlikely to go ahead even though undersoil heating has been on since Monday

It’s snowy in knightswood 

eta just as I write that it has started raining 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just been out with the dog for a walk and the ice is pretty much gone with temperatures forecast to stay above freezing overnight. No chance the game is off because of the surrounding area.

On that subject when has a game been off at Firhill due to the concerns over the safety of the public due to the weather in recent years? I can remember nearly decking it a few times on Maryhill Road due to the weather and the games were played fine.

28 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Just been out with the dog for a walk and the ice is pretty much gone with temperatures forecast to stay above freezing overnight. No chance the game is off because of the surrounding area.

On that subject when has a game been off at Firhill due to the concerns over the safety of the public due to the weather in recent years? I can remember nearly decking it a few times on Maryhill Road due to the weather and the games were played fine.

I definitely remember a game being called off by the police because of conditions outside the ground. Dont remember who exactly - Falkirk maybe, or how recent but I would say within 10 or 15 years. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The bit the Partick fans go round to the larger stand isn't a bus route though.  

It was gritted this afternoon and guessing will be again tomorrow before game if needed .Covers now off and pitch looking good  .