Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

57 minutes ago, colliedug said:

I've been critical of Brownlie lately for being too slow but yesterday I don't think he lost a header he went for so maybe just maybe keep him until the summer but would still get another centre half in & release Akinola

Think Tunji will be mutually consented in January, I think he needs a fresh start to get back to the player he was in the first half of last season.

Brownlie isn't back to where he was before his injury but his performance level in the last few weeks is fine for the championship. 

15 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think we can be saying Ecrepont had no chance, he is clearly just another of our full backs that has no idea how to defend one v one. In some respects he has been hung out to dry as he clearly should have been out on loan gaining experience. It’s hilarious that Houston is probably our best full back, and definitely the best defender out of all of them. 

Completely agree with the last paragraph, excited to see what we have in store to improve us in January. I would definitely be delighted with a point on Friday now - it has the potential for a bumper crowd and big night under the floodlights so it’s a shame we are going to be decimated by injuries. 

Was he not out on loan to Albion Rovers last season (or the season before)? The lad is at an age where he should be playing reguarly, whether that's with us or elsewhere. Seems we've heard big things about Ecrepont for about 6 years now yet manager after manager doesnt rate him enough to play

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was he not out on loan to Albion Rovers last season (or the season before)? The lad is at an age where he should be playing reguarly, whether that's with us or elsewhere. Seems we've heard big things about Ecrepont for about 6 years now yet manager after manager doesnt rate him enough to play

I think it was the season before, he didn’t really do anything last season. Absolutely needs to be playing regularly 

Would agree he needs games. There is a player in there, of that I have no doubt. He was such a positive presence against Raith pushing forward and puting in crosses. That's what we need on the flank. I'd think about loaning him out to a League One side in January. Assuming we bring some new backs in. 

We played well yesterday. Only one thing of concern though is the amount of standing off players near our box that we constantly do.. the amount of space and time we consistently give away is shocking.. Both of their goals yday were belters but both came from almost identical situations on the outside edge of the box.

The issue with Ecrepont is that although he’s been about for years he’s only played a handful of games at this level and even then it’s been a few minutes here and there. He showed against Accies and Raith what he’s capable of but games like yesterday will happen. I still think he deserves to stay in the team over Reading when Houston comes back but a full back is top of my wish list for January. I’d probably be looking at another centre back as well as we can’t afford to run with McAllister and McGinty for much longer. Thistle showed what can happen if you actually put pressure on them unlike when Raith passed the ball about without actually trying to penetrate us. 

It'd be incredibly harsh to judge Ecrepont on yesterday. He was playing out of position in a makeshift defence, hopefully he gets a bit of time at left back alongside a more stable defence. 

Defence is an absolute priority in January, and depending on Dempsey's injury we might need some sort of midfield cover. At least yesterday showed we can score goals when playing so poorly, but it was impossible to get any foothold in the game due to Partick targeting out right hand side.

It  just seemed to be aimless balls up the park time and time again.   With Kirk and Musonda they can carry the ball and play out from the back. That's probably helped cover the lack of control in the midfield at times.