Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

17 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Why are Ayr fans doing this "can we postpone it" pish, you's beat Raith 2-0 and are top of the league. What problems have you got? Give me some hope that we can get something. 

Sean McGinty is our only fit centre half... plus Houston was injured so we had a right back at centre half and a young left back at right back. As far as we know we're missing Musonda, Kirk and Houston who are 3 starters of our usual back 4.

However McGinty and McAllister were good against Raith, won everything.  Raith however were a bit powederpuff so this will be a bigger test.  I'm not sure about the Musonda situation, so it is possible he may be back this week. Expecting us to line up:

Albinson

Ecrepont McAllister McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey Murdoch Chalmers

Akinyemi McKenzie

Subs: McAdams, Watret, Bilham, Smith, Bangala, JML, Ashford, Young, Bryden

Edited by callum-ayr

43 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

We’re you not watching the Raith game? 

Yep.  Full credit to the defence for their performance, but we shouldn’t be kidded on.  Aside from a decent first 20 minutes from Vaughn, Raith offered pretty much zilch in the attacking third.  

And also it’s too freaking cold for the football.  Trains being off means taking the car, so can’t even have a pint.

I’ll still go mind.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Sean McGinty is our only fit centre half... plus Houston was injured so we had a right back at centre half and a young left back at right back. As far as we know we're missing Musonda, Kirk and Houston who are 3 starters of our usual back 4.

Still wouldn't be massively worried about playing us if you're an Ayr fan. I'm right up for this though, can't wait to get back to the football, a World Cup this time of year is honestly so shite, glad it's more or less over. Another bonus will be seeing less freaks wanking themselves silly over Messi on social media. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was in the AP that we’re still missing Houston, Musonda and Kirk. 

Fs, the Musonda/Houston situation is turning into a bit of a farce, Musonda was supposed to only be out for a few weeks about 2 months ago and Houston came back to play 90 minutes against Pollok and has falled off the face of the earth again...

20 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Aye no way this game is on. On the plus side hopefully Frankie and whatever else injuries we have are cleared up by the next game, which will probably be off too.

I would say the game is almost certainly going ahead unless snow becomes an issue 

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Why are Ayr fans doing this "can we postpone it" pish, you's beat Raith 2-0 and are top of the league. What problems have you got? Give me some hope that we can get something. 

Problems? Just minor ones, certainly not at Partick levels. Wouldn't be too fussed if it was postponed, and I don't think being top is quite the flex it used to be, certainly not with how things are panning out in the league this year.

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

However McGinty and McAllister were good against Raith, won everything.  Raith however were a bit powederpuff so this will be a bigger test.  I'm not sure about the Musonda situation, so it is possible he may be back this week. Expecting us to line up:

Albinson

Ecrepont McAllister McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey Murdoch Chalmers

Akinyemi McKenzie

Subs: McAdams, Watret, Bilham, Smith, Bangala, JML, Ashford, Young, Bryden

That's enough to get my hopes up m77.

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope Finn keeps his place for this, another solid display will help him cement a spot for the rest of the season, and he can only get better and more confident the more games he plays, I think.

He's been one of our "promising young players" for about 4 years now. He's done fine in his appearances so far, so it's about time we actually gave him a run in the team.

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He's been one of our "promising young players" for about 4 years now. He's done fine in his appearances so far, so it's about time we actually gave him a run in the team.

There have been a few over the years that have been promising for 2-3 years and don't make the step up. 

Mark Shankland was off on trials to Liverpool and was seen as the next big thing, he made his debut and more or less ran at walking pace. Ryan Nesbit was another than scored barrowloads for the youth team but didn't step up. After a couple of games you knew they weren't going to make it. 

Ecripont has been a slow burn, at 20 he looks more capable of competing in senior football now and was given a chance against Raith and Hamilton and took them. Hopefully he'll be a regular for the rest of the season. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There have been a few over the years that have been promising for 2-3 years and don't make the step up. 

Mark Shankland was off on trials to Liverpool and was seen as the next big thing, he made his debut and more or less ran at walking pace. Ryan Nesbit was another than scored barrowloads for the youth team but didn't step up. After a couple of games you knew they weren't going to make it. 

Ecripont has been a slow burn, at 20 he looks more capable of competing in senior football now and was given a chance against Raith and Hamilton and took them. Hopefully he'll be a regular for the rest of the season. 

I think Finn has been good defensively but we get nothing going forward on that side with him there, I look forward to him moving to starting on the left and seeing a bit more of what he's comfortable at doing.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Finn has been good defensively but we get nothing going forward on that side with him there, I look forward to him moving to starting on the left and seeing a bit more of what he's comfortable at doing.  

The same could be said or Houston and Reading, I think it is just the way we play.