Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

Happy enough for this to be postponed.  No trains, bitterly cold temperatures  and a makeshift defence that we got away with against powder puff Raith?  No sign of the frost lifting before Sunday, so only undersoil heating can get this game on which must be crippling expensive nowadays.

Edited by Nelson

Our hospitality group has had a call saying the undersoil heating is already on and they fully expect game to be on as they don't want to lose out cash wise - they have got over 200 booked for Hospitality apparently so must be pretty confident it's worth the cost of the heating 

Edited by Hursty

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Our hospitality group has had a call saying the undersold heating is already on and they fully expect game to be on as they don't want to lose out cash wise - they have got over 200 booked for Hospitality apparently so must be pretty confident it's worth the cost of the heating 

This makes me very happy! I assumed they wouldn’t turn on their USH, and was gutted at the thought of another Saturday without the football. COYA!

40 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Our hospitality group has had a call saying the undersold heating is already on and they fully expect game to be on as they don't want to lose out cash wise - they have got over 200 booked for Hospitality apparently so must be pretty confident it's worth the cost of the heating 

Yeah read a thing about their hospitality was a sell out and with it being a week before Christmas and the return of a lot of stay-away fans since the off field stuff has been sorted they'll be expecting a decent sized crowd i'd imagine. 

Trains being off will no doubt hurt our travelling number a bit which is a pisser

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If there’s no trains running are Ayr united providing buses for their supporters?  Big enough game in many ways and would no doubt be an appreciative gesture by their club to the supporters at a time of year when many people are struggling financially 

I'll let you guess the answer to that one...

Tbf i don't exactly think it's the clubs responsibility to pick up the tab of putting extra busses on because the trains are off.

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

If there’s no trains running are Ayr united providing buses for their supporters?  Big enough game in many ways and would no doubt be an appreciative gesture by their club to the supporters at a time of year when many people are struggling financially 

AFAIK there is one bus running from one of the local pubs. The train strikes and the game being so close to Christmas will no doubt have an impact on the away crowd however I’d still expect us to bring a decent support.

I’d probably take a draw right now if offered, Would be ecstatic with a win. 

Hoping it’s off, but sounds like it had a chance…

I would just like Kirk and Musonda to be fit or at the very least one of them. In addition Partick resolving things off the field, it has the potential to be a bit of a nightmare if we don’t start well. 

25 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

With the prices of gas and electricity at the moment, I wonder what the cost outlay is with burning that against the income of hospitality and the game being on.  Must be a fair chunk to use.

You haven't seen the price of a pint at hospitality...