Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

Wee way out but may as well get the party started . Thistle were pretty unfortunate in the last encounter between the two sides,  I can't see that happening for a second time . Tough game as always , hopefully our injuries have cleared up by the time the game comes around . Also we chance of our first 1,000 plus travelling support of the season . Hearing rumours of a train strike so get planning Honest Men ...

1 hour ago, North British 2 said:

Wee way out but may as well get the party started . Thistle were pretty unfortunate in the last encounter between the two sides,  I can't see that happening for a second time . Tough game as always , hopefully our injuries have cleared up by the time the game comes around . Also we chance of our first 1,000 plus travelling support of the season . Hearing rumours of a train strike so get planning Honest Men ...

Its already been announced it's happening

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm going for Sneddon and Graham in the tombola of players who will be injured and we'll hear nothing about it until they aren't in the squad. Seems like enough time has passed for Tiff to start half fit and be forced off again injured since the last attempt at that.

What is the current injury situation?

Tiffoney especially seems to have struggled all season, Docherty always seems to spend 2-3 months out each season too. 

Canny wait for this, booked in to the hospitality for it.   Really enjoyed the last meeting, especially with the "both to score in both halves" bet sailing home.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the same again tbh with hopefully an away win this time.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm going for Sneddon and Graham in the tombola of players who will be injured and we'll hear nothing about it until they aren't in the squad. Seems like enough time has passed for Tiff to start half fit and be forced off again injured since the last attempt at that.

McCall having his usual mid season injury crisis i take it? 

Is Docherty and Tiffoney still injured? They were out injured in the match at Somerset.

Docherty was out injured for a few weeks, came back in the cup vs Kelty and was sent off so missed Saturday but he's eligible for this game, the second game of his suspension applies to the next Scottish Cup game vs Dunfermline.

Tiffoney hasn't been fully fit all season and hasn't completed 90 minutes in a game this season. Since 22nd October he's had 30 minutes as a sub vs Arbroath a fortnight ago where he looked as if he could hardly run (still got an assist tbf) and hasn't even made the bench the last two games.

Dowds went off with a concussion vs Kelty and wasn't on the bench on Saturday but I'd guess he'll have cleared protocol by now, unless he picked up another injury in training that kept him out.

Holt has been out since October and probably won't be back in time for this, early new year was the latest update I think.

Thistle board deciding to chuck it before our game will probably go against us as a toxic atmosphere with boycotts etc would have probably suited us, would imagine now all the regulars will be back which at least should make a decent atmosphere if the game is decent.

Don't really know the ins and outs of it but who's actually in charge of the club now?

Also wouldn't surprise me if McCall walked as i can't imagine at his stage in his career he can be bothered being at another club with behind the scenes turmoil and rebuild etc, unless he's a focal point of it and gets a role upstairs. 

McCall walking would be magic, saves us punting him and having to pay him off in Thistle training gear. Hopefully he won't be getting a role upstairs either, he's been a snidey w**k about the whole situation with his usual "I don't know anything about it" usually followed by rambling on for a minute or two before some sort of defence of the board.

Duncan Smillie who owns Glasgow Rocks is the only remaining director, Gerry Britton is still chief exec so i imagine they run the club until the fan groups can sort it out.

On 07/12/2022 at 17:33, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall walking would be magic, saves us punting him and having to pay him off in Thistle training gear. Hopefully he won't be getting a role upstairs either, he's been a snidey w**k about the whole situation with his usual "I don't know anything about it" usually followed by rambling on for a minute or two before some sort of defence of the board.

Duncan Smillie who owns Glasgow Rocks is the only remaining director, Gerry Britton is still chief exec so i imagine they run the club until the fan groups can sort it out.

McCall thrives working on a club in crisis environment. Morton, Clydebank, Airdrie, Thistle. Almost every club he’s been at has shut or almost shut. His thoughts on Clydebank to Dublin at the time didn’t sit well with Bankies fans. 

He needs to rebuild at thistle after this year, to many of the tried and tested don’t seem to be doing it any more and his usual mid-season injury crisis has lasted most of the season. He didn’t have the interest in rebuilding at Ayr.

He said he never wanted to leave Ayr, he had to much respect for the owner at the time.  He then spoke to Falkirk, “out of respect” and then Thistle 

I can see him getting Thistle to the playoffs and either moving upstairs or over the summer, putting the feelers out for another club to manage. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I can see him getting Thistle to the playoffs and either moving upstairs or over the summer, putting the feelers out for another club to manage. 

He’d probably consider a move upstairs at some point in the future (if it was ever offered) but I think his time as a manager is done once he’s left Thistle (whether that’s in 2 weeks or 2 years).