Cult Players

On 05/12/2022 at 13:40, invergowrie arab said:

We existed on a diet of only cult players from late 90s to early 200s

Probably Sieb Dijkstra or Erik Pedersen.

Honorable mentions to:

Lars Zetterlund

Kjell Oloffson

Siggi Jonsson

Jamie Dolan

Andy McLaren

Jason Scotland

David Fernandez 

Jan Telsnikov 

Jason De Vos

Charlie Miller

Derek Lilley 

Distinct lack of Jerren Nixon on this list

For Meadowbank my choice would be King Victor Kasule. Only stayed for half a season but it was a good half!

For Edinburgh City most of our cult players were psychopathic, alcoholic or paralytic.. Big Joe Mbu would be the best cult player. He's also loved by the hard to please Cowden fans 

On 06/12/2022 at 01:58, RossBFaeDundee said:

Using this as an excuse to post my super-culty cult hero, the guy who properly got young teenager me interested in Dundee again, Christian Nade.

Christian Nade opens up on mental health problems that led to suicide  attempt

Somehow managed to get sent off in 3 minutes tonight. Not in the usual sense for an early red card though, but with two yellows, presumably for moaning like f**k.

What a guy. Love him.
Edited by RossBFaeDundee

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Somehow managed to get sent off in 3 minutes tonight. Not in the usual sense for an early red card though, but with two yellows.

What a guy. Love him.

Played against Big Joe in an Edinburgh City v Raith friendly.

Got so annoyed by Big Joe's attentions the ref had to ask the Raith bench to sub him or he was getting sent off! (Picture here being annoyed playing for Annan v City)

MVIMG_20200208_152519109.thumb.jpg.8090f3ec5b2b2f3679c1e90e246bac16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2022 at 15:32, Arch Stanton said:

Chic Charnley was a bit of a cunt player for Saints.

John Mowatt - 1970s for being pure mad-mental.

Billy Abercromby - 1980s for getting sent off 3 times in one game.

Jim Dick - 1990s for showing his arse to our smelly neighbours.

Billy Mehmet 2000s -  for that division winning goal.

Stelios Demetriou - 2010s for eating the Bounty Bar.

Josh Falkingham (pictured below just seconds into a Fife derby after a tackle he admitted was “a bit naughty”). 

It seemed every week he would face players or in the case of Peterhead, whole teams who were after his blood. When they were not trying to snap him on the pitch they were taking to Twitter to have a pop at him.

image.jpeg.a406626e5d8a72c4d451ff83bdfba4e4.jpeg

image.jpeg.ec2c768af7e6e6375f915d1a88e8dfe8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Josh Falkingham (pictured below just seconds into a Fife derby after a tackle he admitted was “a bit naughty”). 

It seemed every week he would face players or in the case of Peterhead, whole teams who were after his blood. When they were not trying to snap him on the pitch they were taking to Twitter to have a pop at him.

image.jpeg.a406626e5d8a72c4d451ff83bdfba4e4.jpeg

image.jpeg.ec2c768af7e6e6375f915d1a88e8dfe8.jpeg

The Dougie Hill incident was at half-time.

It probably wouldn't have happened if Paul Smith hadn't been goading Hill to react.

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Dougie Hill incident was at half-time.

It probably wouldn't have happened if Paul Smith hadn't been goading Hill to react.

Didn’t Falkingham wipe out Eddie Malone after 30 seconds and somehow avoid a red card? Think that set the tone for the day

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Didn’t Falkingham wipe out Eddie Malone after 30 seconds and somehow avoid a red card? Think that set the tone for the day

I did the updates for the game and had to check my notes.

Around the 21 minute mark, Falkingham took out David Smith which the ref totally missed, it took until the 87th minute for Falkingham to finally get a yellow.

Not only did he get away with murder that day, he got away from being murdered.

21 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I did the updates for the game and had to check my notes.

Around the 21 minute mark, Falkingham took out David Smith which the ref totally missed, it took until the 87th minute for Falkingham to finally get a yellow.

Not only did he get away with murder that day, he got away from being murdered.

A cheat and mutants..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peterhead-star-banned-after-calling-4452022.amp

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2022 at 15:02, LiviLion said:

Hassan Kachloul should be enough to /closethread from a Livi point of a view.

Dolly Menga is another pretty obvious one for us, no chance of defenders knowing what he was going to do when even he didn't have a clue. First goal for the club in a 1-0 win against Rangers, only other goal in a 5-0 win against Hearts (where he had the entire stand and his team shouting at him to shoot because he faked it about 40 times). Spent the entirety of his wages on FIFA points and in the bookies, didn't come back for pre-season and was posting photos of himself on Instagram driving quad bikes. Last spotted looking about 5 stone overweight in some random charity match.

Special mention to Gary Maley as well.

Crystal Palace weighing up January move for Wilfried Kanon | Sportslens.com

Visual search query image

There was an I heart Bobby Barr T-shirt too but couldn't find it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Crystal Palace weighing up January move for Wilfried Kanon | Sportslens.com

There was an I heart Bobby Barr T-shirt too but couldn't find it.

I met him in Club Earth one Saturday night while I still had a Livi polo on (don't ask why I owned it in the first place and why I was wearing it, because f**k knows) and he slagged off Gary Glen ("I should definitely be starting ahead of him, he's shite") and kept insisting on getting a photo together as if I was some desperate fanboy. Ended up telling him my phone was dead so he'd leave me alone.

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I met him in Club Earth one Saturday night while I still had a Livi polo on (don't ask why I owned it in the first place and why I was wearing it, because f**k knows) and he slagged off Gary Glen ("I should definitely be starting ahead of him, he's shite") and kept insisting on getting a photo together as if I was some desperate fanboy. Ended up telling him my phone was dead so he'd leave me alone.

😂

Do you think the shirt went to his head. :lol: