Dundee v Cove Rangers

2 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Played pretty dungheap but still swatted them aside. 

Can't remember them threatening us much at all. 

Yeah that's because we didn't! We were beyond rotten. Must be your easiest 3 points of the season. The difference in performance levels from this game and the reverse fixture is frightening.

Robinson changed the game second half. His pace and hold up was far superior to Thomas. Brought the likes of Cameron and McMullan into the game more and the points were all Dundee's 5 minutes after the restart.

Screenshot_2023-02-12-15-58-17-79_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Never witnessed a Paul Hartley team play as negative as that. Always used to have a go even if it invariably meant we'd be on the end of an absolute hiding now and then.

Zero ambition from Cove from the first minute.

Scott Fox with an absolute Paul Jarvie was the breakthrough we needed though.

I questioned near the start of the first half the wisdom of playing one upfront at home. Dare I say, particularly against such a poor side as Cove?  I think it’s fair to say two upfront in the second half worked a lot better.

I’m also more inclined to put my trust in Jakubiak than Thomas. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I questioned near the start of the first half the wisdom of playing one upfront at home. Dare I say, particularly against such a poor side as Cove?  I think it’s fair to say two upfront in the second half worked a lot better.

I’m also more inclined to put my trust in Jakubiak than Thomas. 

We didn't change formation. Jakubiak was playing off the left where McCowan was first half.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We didn't change formation. Jakubiak was playing off the left where McCowan was first half.

Very true but he is still more of a striker than McCowan which I think leads him towards the goal penalty box more naturally than McCowan.  As per 2nd goal.

Robinson was the difference maker no doubt, absolutely brilliant performance from him. Maguire and McGhee are not the answer in midfield, McCowan is so infuriatingly inconsistent and McMullen played really well.

Huge three games coming up; would be ok with 7 points, 9 would be just the ticket. 

22 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Robinson was the difference maker no doubt, absolutely brilliant performance from him. Maguire and McGhee are not the answer in midfield, McCowan is so infuriatingly inconsistent and McMullen played really well.

Huge three games coming up; would be ok with 7 points, 9 would be just the ticket. 

Strange the way others see it. Personally had Maguire as MotM!