Dundee v Cove Rangers

The last team to defeat us in the league... and what a minter that was. Such a minter in fact that the team immediately picked up their game afterwards and have kept it that way since. Need a win here, no excuses. Will worry about that in a while though, we've got a pointless cup game up first to occupy time.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 04/12/2022 at 17:48, Girth said:

We need to win this and remedy that absolute minter. 

Jim McIntyre to burst into tears at full time. 

Thank you. 

I want Mcintyres head on a spike outside the main stand as further warning to all the managers and players in the league that once represented the salad bowl across the road.

Anybody heard if the under pitch heating is on?

If the pitch at Dens is anything like my front grass, it’s not playable! I’d like to keep this winning run impetus maintained on Saturday before the important trip to Ayr at the end of next week, so hopefully the heating is doing its job.  

36 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Anybody heard if the under pitch heating is on?

If the pitch at Dens is anything like my front grass, it’s not playable! I’d like to keep this winning run impetus maintained on Saturday before the important trip to Ayr at the end of next week, so hopefully the heating is doing its job.  

A poster on TDBF said they'd phoned up about the game and the Ticket Office told them the undersoil heating has been on since Tuesday, and the club expects the game to go ahead.

So @CoveRangers1922, how would you assess Cove's season so far? I have no idea at this point what constitutes as a 'good' season for Cove given their dizzying rise, but from my PoV sitting relatively comfortably above the relegation spots (though just out reach from a very competitive play-off field) still looks impressive to me.

Are you satisfied with how the team are handling the Championship so far, or is there expectations of even more from this side? Have you softened on Jim McIntyre?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So @CoveRangers1922, how would you assess Cove's season so far? I have no idea at this point what constitutes as a 'good' season for Cove given their dizzying rise, but from my PoV sitting relatively comfortably above the relegation spots (though just out reach from a very competitive play-off field) still looks impressive to me.

Are you satisfied with how the team are handling the Championship so far, or is there expectations of even more from this side? Have you softened for Jim McIntyre?

It's a bitter sweet first time in the Championship for Cove I feel. With McIntyre I feel we're like a mosquito that's caught malaria.

We had huge momentum and belief under Hartley and nearly all Cove fans think he would have us on a higher points tally than McIntyre who is a crap manager to put it politely. would have Hartley back in a heartbeat. Admittedly Hartley was given more free reign at the club and more finances. I have so little time for McIntyre and his pessimist attitude. He won't last longer than a year for me. He's made some fundamental mistakes and hasn't replaced his managerial mishandling of Rory.

To be fair to him he's managed to find a few decent late loans which have undoubtedly strengthen us as at start the season we looked dismal under his 4-1-4-1 formation with Mitch as lone striker. He's switched to 4-4-2 and restored McKenzie in goal.

We're 8th and that's McIntyre doing the minimum asked of him I think. Could we be higher, maybe. Will we get into the mid-table pack and stay there, I hope so but we need to keep our loans or find replacements. HL 3 and half years ago so if we stay in the Championship we can't complain too much. 

This weekend will be interesting. Not been great on the road so far and Dee are flying since the visit to Balmoral. We'll have a full squad to choose from but are a couple of players away from me be confident of beating the best or one of better teams in the league, especially away.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It's a bitter sweet first time in the Championship for Cove I feel. With McIntyre I feel we're like a mosquito that's caught malaria.

We had huge momentum and belief under Hartley and nearly all Cove fans think he would have us on a higher points tally than McIntyre who is a crap manager to put it politely. would have Hartley back in a heartbeat. Admittedly Hartley was given more free reign at the club and more finances. I have so little time for McIntyre and his pessimist attitude. He won't last longer than a year for me. He's made some fundamental mistakes and hasn't replaced his managerial mishandling of Rory.

To be fair to him he's managed to find a few decent late loans which have undoubtedly strengthen us as at start the season we looked dismal under his 4-1-4-1 formation with Mitch as lone striker. He's switched to 4-4-2 and restored McKenzie in goal.

We're 8th and that's McIntyre doing the minimum asked of him I think. Could we be higher, maybe. Will we get into the mid-table pack and stay there, I hope so but we need to keep our loans or find replacements. HL 3 and half years ago so if we stay in the Championship we can't complain too much. 

This weekend will be interesting. Not been great on the road so far and Dee are flying since the visit to Balmoral. We'll have a full squad to choose from but are a couple of players away from me be confident of beating the best or one of better teams in the league, especially away.

Unfortunately, he's got you punching way above your weight, it won't last though.

Nothing against Cove, Dundee supporters just hate that chunt.

Would say your a league 1 team at best. IMO.

Once he goes, all the best.

Thank you.

19 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A poster on TDBF said they'd phoned up about the game and the Ticket Office told them the undersoil heating has been on since Tuesday, and the club expects the game to go ahead.

Only issue now might be the surrounding streets. There’s been a couple of times in the past where the pitch has been playable after snow, but the area around Dens was like an ice rink so the game was called off. 

On 15/12/2022 at 13:49, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't shoot the messenger 😇