Alloa v Queens

Greenacres

Hope there's no repeat of the Saturday game a few seasons back, postponed about noon on the day of the game (rubber crumb on the pitch apparently frozen) and played on the following Tuesday when I'm sure it felt just as cold, if not colder than the Saturday. I'll be cosy at home this time though so no wasted petrol. I'll have to make my own pie on a roll I suppose though. 

Had this in my head the game was tomorrow until I saw our Tweet about the cold.

Fair play to anyone going out in that tonight. I remember getting near hypothermia in a 1-0 defeat at Alloa during the title winning season. Just looked it up and nearly 10 years to the day https://www.qosfc.com/match-731

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hope there's no repeat of the Saturday game a few seasons back, postponed about noon on the day of the game (rubber crumb on the pitch apparently frozen) and played on the following Tuesday when I'm sure it felt just as cold, if not colder than the Saturday. I'll be cosy at home this time though so no wasted petrol. I'll have to make my own pie on a roll I suppose though. 

It was DEFINITELY colder on the Tuesday night. And less playable. 

Probably should have gone ahead on the original date. 

30 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Can't decide whether to go for this or Netherlands v Argentina.

Shout out to whoever is in charge of 'scheduling'.

World Cup organisers probably didn't know there was going to be a big game in Alloa tonight or they would have changed it. 

4 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Anybody want to hazard a guess at our shape? 4-2-3-1 with Gibson at right back (miracles do happen), Irving left wing potentially and Connelly just in behind Paton? 

I was thinking either 4-4-2, Lewis and Connelly wide with Paton and Irving up front, or maybe 3-5-2 with Hendrie at centre half and the two Gibsons as wingbacks.

All the old frailties still firmly in evidence - conceding goals out of absolutely nothing with players not closing down. I honestly don’t care about this tournament but the fact is we have fielded a strong team and we are just so weak and soft. I have no idea what the formation is - lack of central midfield players - Todd and Lewis playing wide and Cochrane left isolated in the central area. 

Four Alloa players faffing about to let Connelly stroll through and score...

Queens defence:  hold my beer...

Five statues stand motionless and duly watch King get possession, shoot and score.

We're getting into decent positions but have no-one capable of shooting it would appear.  At the other end, the defence looks paper thin.  Of the players who have come in tonight, Wullie has looked like he hasn't been away, Cochrane is trying hard but needs help and Irving, I'm sorry to say, looks a wee bit out of his depth.