Alloa v Queens

Greenacres

I understand @19QOS19's point here which is totally valid. Been over this before but I'm happy to go as deep into this cup as we can cos:

1 - it's the only cup that diddies can realistically win, but in this case more importantly for me ...

2 - I'd like a win/good performance at Alloa to continue to build confidence and momentum for the league as we reach the halfway point of the season.

Not everyone's view I know, which is fine too.

Ordinarily I'd be play the reserves and ignore on this one but I think at the moment we are in dire need of a consistent run of results.

I don't think we could write off a loss in the same way as if it was a high flying Championship side where expectations are low/zero. Alloa are a likely rival for a playoff spot if we have any ambition to sneak in there and a win would be a great confidence boost. 

We also need to correct the dreadful record we have at Recreation Park - last win there in 2015?

4 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Ordinarily I'd be play the reserves and ignore on this one but I think at the moment we are in dire need of a consistent run of results.

I don't think we could write off a loss in the same way as if it was a high flying Championship side where expectations are low/zero. Alloa are a likely rival for a playoff spot if we have any ambition to sneak in there and a win would be a great confidence boost. 

We also need to correct the dreadful record we have at Recreation Park - last win there in 2015?

Correct, 2-1 win. 4 Alloa wins and 2 draws since in games between the two at Recreation Park.

Not the most appealing of games on the surface- but have to say when we faced Airdrie in the last round it was actually quite good- a really open game where both teams just played without fear.

Its nice to progress but also not the end of the world to lose. I believe the vast majority (if not all) of the B teams are out which makes it more of a real competition.

On 03/12/2022 at 18:29, 19QOS19 said:

Reserves out please. If there's one game I'd happily lose to Alloa this season it's this one.

No injuries and I'll be happy.

What you mean reserves please. There is no defenders and we have a signed amateur keeper. Guys that were on the bench on Saturday. Were 4 centre midfielders Cochrane Murray McGrory McMahon , 3 forwards Bange Ruth Irving 1 winger McKechnie. So does WG give all them a game on Friday. I would send big Bange back down the road just now it has not worked out for him. Better to play the defence together again see if they can get confidence up and fill the rest with players who have not been given a chance.

What you mean reserves please. There is no defenders and we have a signed amateur keeper. Guys that were on the bench on Saturday. Were 4 centre midfielders Cochrane Murray McGrory McMahon , 3 forwards Bange Ruth Irving 1 winger McKechnie. So does WG give all them a game on Friday. I would send big Bange back down the road just now it has not worked out for him. Better to play the defence together again see if they can get confidence up and fill the rest with players who have not been given a chance.

Play the boys not getting any game time. If we lose one of our better players to injury in this game, a victory won't soften that blow. I certainly wouldn't be risking Wilson in this clash.

4 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Well that’s the better option out of 45 minute journey (from Livingston) and attempting to catch hypothermia. 

I'll put it out clearly on social media tomorrow morning. It's not exactly travelling weather especially if you're driving up from Dumfries.

Although the caveat is electronic equipment is never rated for below 0 degrees so if there's a day the stream might break it'll be a night game in the depths of winter.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'll put it out clearly on social media tomorrow morning. It's not exactly travelling weather especially if you're driving up from Dumfries.

Although the caveat is electronic equipment is never rated for below 0 degrees so if there's a day the stream might break it'll be a night game in the depths of winter.

Feel free for it to break down anytime after Alloa go two goals up, I and many others will have switched it off by then anyway. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Can you put a link for the stream  on here please? 

5 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Well that’s the better option out of 45 minute journey (from Livingston) and attempting to catch hypothermia. 

Don't think there's any "attempting" about it ... it's a raging bloody certainty you'd get hypothermia tomorrow night.  I'll be staying cosy in South Lanarkshire that's for sure.