East Fife v Annan

In the end a comfortable victory for Annan , had too much physicality up front and bullied our centre backs all game. The honeymoon is over for Greig McDonald 1 point from 12 is piss poor, To be honest a blind man could see where the problem lies shipping 2 and 3 goals every game. If it wasn’t for our keeper today the game would have been all over in less than 20 minutes, penalty save and 2 or 3 other cracking saves. Felt sorry for Jack Healy the only threat we had on the park but he can’t do it all himself. We missed Balde today but I said at halftime we would need to score 3 to get a draw as you knew our defence was never going to not concede in the 2nd half. McDonald will know that major defensive surgery is needed in January if it doesn’t happen I would fear the worst for our league status. Our home record is abysmal and if that doesn’t improve in the next fortnight we will be in a very precarious position. 

Easy for Annan.

Every time they went forward we looked shaky. At Stirling we looked relatively solid apart from left back.

He totally changes the shape, brings Steele straight back who wipes Miller out and causes the loss of the first goal.  To top it off gets caught out over the top AGAIN for the third and the guy waltzes past him without challange! No sharpness either, woeful. 

January will be crucial, don't see many fancying joining and think some will want to leave for game time. 1 sub again is crazy when it's crying out for change.

Only plus points:-

1. St Johnstone pay Stevens wages cos he came on. Why not Schiavone who is better and has scored goals?

2 Goss miss was a belter.

3. Annan no.9 hairstyle was like something from the 80's. Beat Shepherds at Stenny by a mile.🤣

22 hours ago, the philosopher said:

I'll no be there.

Most ridiculous prices in the league - £18 adult & £14 concession.

Pathetic for this level.

Your team won and your still moaning being charged ex amount of money like the Bonnyrigg fans earlier.

Is the reason East Fife don’t make any substitutions apart from Steven’s anything to do with the substitutes getting more money?

Mcdonald has stated we need to use the whole squad and I don’t see that.

The squad is too small and no depth in quality and experience.

Yesterday was shocking and highlights alot of changed needed ASAP. Murdoch isn't a left back, why didn't GM go 3 at the back especially knowing we would have to deal with Goss winning everything? That would have suited the players better than sticking Newton on the left wing. 

Mercer and Murdoch with Fleming behind is enough experience to stop shipping silly goals so it must be a quality issue. 

GM must be pulling his hair out watching us defend. I'm sure that's 15 games without a clean sheet? 

Much work ahead.

3 hours ago, Spirit of the Mound said:

Evident the club need to sign couple of quality players as we do have some talented youngsters.

Quality players don’t want to sign for East Fife. Whether that is down to finances offered, attractiveness of the club or a combination of both I don’t know.