Lithgie Rose v Rovers

RRFC2711

Thought we put in a professional performance last night, bar the chance Rose created in the first half we weren't really bothered, scored a couple and should have had more and good to see Stanton and Ross back for future games.

The officials were honking all night for both teams, how he's never gave that goal and as I've said above the offside against Connolly was a joke, really really poor which i'm sure will have consequences for them🤣

Finally well done to the Rose cracking ground and the fans we're up for a banter, probably just as well as I told one of the punters to ditch his 1950 rulebook after our disallowed goal😆   

55 minutes ago, true_rover said:

You only need to go back a couple of weeks for a high profile (and more extreme example - Liverpool scoring against) Wolves in the FA Cup, Salah being ruled onside as the defender made a deliberate play on the ball, as he was trying to cut it out whereas this was just (in my opinion) a header back towards the keeper.

Absolutely. The defender has fully intended to play that ball, it's just that he's made an arse it. 

A joke decision, which thankfully didn't cost us. 

27 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Just read Murrays interview int he Courier.  Refs reasoning for the goal being disallowed was the defender had to stretch to get to it.....hopefully these refs don't get put in charge of another Scottish cup tie for a while.

If the referee had stuck to his guns in disallowing the goal for that reason, I'd have disagreed, but accepted it was a difference of opinion. However, the referee totally pissed on his chips by awarding the goal then disallowing it a second time. If he believed the Linlithgow player was stretching, I'd love to hear his explanation for awarding the goal.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

If the referee had stuck to his guns in disallowing the goal for that reason, I'd have disagreed, but accepted it was a difference of opinion. However, the referee totally pissed on his chips by awarding the goal then disallowing it a second time. If he believed the Linlithgow player was stretching, I'd love to hear his explanation for awarding the goal.

It’s all crap if you watch it back he doesn’t stretch he heads it back thinking his team mate is near.  Officials didn’t have a clue what to do one way or another. 

7 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

In addition to the farce in the second half, Gullan (I think) was flagged offside in the first half when running clean through one on one and he was at least a yard onside. Not a fine night for the officials.

At the time, from a distance, I wondered about that possible pen for Rovers, but the vid suggests it was just a coming together of feet, no foul, no dive. I was close to the Linlithgow shout and thought it was a pen, but viewing now it may have been a foul, but just outside the box. And perhaps the Rose 7 did try to make sure the ref saw it as a foul or pen. As for the offside/goal/offside oh dear!

The worse collectice officiating I've seen since the 2015 Scottish Cup semi final farce.

The offside goal decision was awful.  I was in line with the defender and he did play the ball so by the laws the linesman was wrong to flag - the ref was right to overrule and obviously wrong to give into pressure from the Linlithgow players.

The same two officials missed a penalty for Linlithgow late in the first half and there could've been a penalty to Raith early in the game but I didn't have a great view of that.

Also didn't think much of the decision to allow both clubs to play in their traditional colours. Not easy to distinguish between maroon and navy.

25 minutes ago, Eder said:

The worse collectice officiating I've seen since the 2015 Scottish Cup semi final farce.

The offside goal decision was awful.  I was in line with the defender and he did play the ball so by the laws the linesman was wrong to flag - the ref was right to overrule and obviously wrong to give into pressure from the Linlithgow players.

The same two officials missed a penalty for Linlithgow late in the first half and there could've been a penalty to Raith early in the game but I didn't have a great view of that.

Also didn't think much of the decision to allow both clubs to play in their traditional colours. Not easy to distinguish between maroon and navy.

Can’t disagree with much of that other than the two penalty shouts were equally weak.

Thankfully the RaithTV feed was clear, and the lights at Linlithgow were good enough to provide some differentiation between the sides, but I would have much preferred our away pinks.

On 26/01/2023 at 22:18, Eder said:

The foul, if it was, on Linlithgow’s 7 was just outside the box. I was very close to it and was screaming penalty at the time, but having seen the vid have changed my view.