Lithgie Rose v Rovers

RRFC2711

Just now, TxRover said:

Gullan was clearly in an offside position, but seemed uninvolved…then the defenders header goes to Gullan who lobs the keeper. Lino has flag up…goal is denied/awarded/denied. Farcical comedy.

Gullan is offside not active and runs back onside at which point the defender spills a header Gullan seizes it runs and lons the keeper. 

Ref disallows it, then allows it teams are about to kick.off then disallows it again. 

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Gullan is offside not active and runs back onside at which point the defender spills a header Gullan seizes it runs and lons the keeper. 

Ref disallows it, then allows it teams are about to kick.off then disallows it again. 

Gullan was still offside, but the play was off the defender.

3 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Adam Masson is by far the man of the match for me, having a superb game.

Would agree…but Gullan likely gets it.

Edit: Please sign Masson and Mitchell quickly.

Edit 2: MotM shared Masson and Gullan.

Edited by TxRover

Gullan could have had 3 or 4 tonight. The two he did get were from simply running off of a centre back with no pace. Meanwhile, most of our play out wide led to not very much. Poor delivery to blame for a lot of it.

Good to see Stanton back. Masson did really well at right back.

Very professional performance I thought, never really looked like conceding (okay there was one let off in the first half but in general play we never looked under any sustained pressure). Same result as our last cup tie in Linlithgow but a much more comfortable performance.

Again, couldn’t fault the attitude or commitment of the players and we upped the quality a little bit in the second half. 3 great finishes from Gullan for his goals and the offside effort, missed another one on one but that can be put down to an excellent save rather than a particularly poor finish. Hopefully do his confidence some good. Impressed with Masson at right back too.

Linlithgow worked hard throughout and looked a good footballing side, hopefully they get themselves up this season. 

Edited by R.R.FC

48 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The only thing I thought was the ref blew for offside before the ball went in but whatever it was a farce.

Rose did well in an even first half but one way traffic in the second.

Some really awful refereeing in there. First time I’ve ever seen the officials disallow, then allow, then disallow a goal before. Gullan so frustrating first half. Spent the whole of it offside and had the cheek to moan about not getting the pass early enough. Took his goals really well to be fair, just too big and strong and quick for the centre halves. You can tell that Linlithgow are a side that win most weeks because a great number of their thicko fans really don’t take getting beat very well. Happy to get past them and hopefully get a 5000+ crowd for Motherwell. 

53 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The only thing I thought was the ref blew for offside before the ball went in but whatever it was a farce.

Rose did well in an even first half but one way traffic in the second.

Absolutely agree. I don’t know if the ‘Gow subs hurt their play or they were just wearing down, but after a very nervy first half, we didn’t look seriously threatened in the second. That being said, I could have see accepting that Raith were playing completion from League One or Two in that game. Good show, Lonlithgow, and a cracking wee ground by the looks of it. (Maybe sell it to Queen’s Park?)

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Very professional performance I thought, never really looked like conceding (okay there was one let off in the first half but in general play we never looked under any sustained pressure). Same result as our last cup tie in Linlithgow but a much more comfortable performance.

Again, couldn’t fault the attitude or commitment of the players and we upped the quality a little bit in the second half. 3 great finishes from Gullan for his goals and the offside effort, missed another one on one but that can be put down to an excellent save rather than a particularly poor finish. Hopefully do his confidence some good. Impressed with Masson at right back too.

Linlithgow worked hard throughout and looked a good footballing side, hopefully they get themselves up this season. 

Congratulations to Raith, on balance the result is true reflection of the overall game.

First half, I thought the Rose were outstanding without any real bite in the final third.

If Stowe scores his chance, plus our strong penalty claim then it could have been a different story. 

2nd half Raith showed the difference between  Championship and EoS.

As for the referee he tried to let the game flow and in doing so was penalising fouls he had let go moments earlier. Like the Rose his last appearance in this year's Scottish.

Thanks to Gavin and his fellow Raith supporters who gave the bowling club a good turn before the game.

Hopefully the young Raith fan who took the hit from the ball is OK it looked a sore one.

Hopefully see you all next season and 3rd time lucky 

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Some really awful refereeing in there. First time I’ve ever seen the officials disallow, then allow, then disallow a goal before. Gullan so frustrating first half. Spent the whole of it offside and had the cheek to moan about not getting the pass early enough. Took his goals really well to be fair, just too big and strong and quick for the centre halves. You can tell that Linlithgow are a side that win most weeks because a great number of their thicko fans really don’t take getting beat very well. Happy to get past them and hopefully get a 5000+ crowd for Motherwell. 

I honestly have to say the Linlithgow fans around me were as sound as the proverbial pounds. I've no idea why there were several van loads of polis for a game which didn't even have segregation.

The disallowed goal was absolutely farcical. No idea why the linesman saw fit to raise his flag, but for the referee to award the goal after a conflab with the linesman, then disallow it seconds later, beggars belief.