Lithgie Rose v Rovers

RRFC2711

56 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Cheers mate, that is a shiter but not a major surprise. Hope the decision is nice an early as a lot of folk (self included) are on pre 10am trains!

I can make it Tuesday but know a few who can't. Will lose the 'magic of the cup' atmosphere of a Saturday game. 

Also I love 4g pitches. Games getting cancelled is fucking murder!

Sfa rules . game would be called off early Saturday morning.

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Cheers mate, that is a shiter but not a major surprise. Hope the decision is nice an early as a lot of folk (self included) are on pre 10am trains!

I can make it Tuesday but know a few who can't. Will lose the 'magic of the cup' atmosphere of a Saturday game. 

Also I love 4g pitches. Games getting cancelled is fucking murder!

Was it not a rule before if the first game is cancelled, then it is rescheduled for the following Saturday?  I'm sure that happened with us for the Lochee tie, which was postponed about 8 times then eventually played on a Monday afternoon at 1pm.

On 14/01/2023 at 15:22, Scary Bear said:

I must be at the bowling club.

Linlithgow Bowling Club is approx 500 yards from ground situated behind West Port Hotel on the High Street.

You will be assured a great welcome, top buffet and cheapest drink in town. 

Bar open from noon on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was it not a rule before if the first game is cancelled, then it is rescheduled for the following Saturday?  I'm sure that happened with us for the Lochee tie, which was postponed about 8 times then eventually played on a Monday afternoon at 1pm.

Rescheduled game would  be 7.45 pm on Tuesday 24th January 

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think it depends on the floodlight situation.

Linlithgow's ground is fine.

18 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

A red dot for posting up helpful information? What in the name of actual f**k? 😀 Have a greenie for balance.

He is my wee lap dog that follows me about and red dots every post I make. Quite reassuring actually 😂.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Nope you can have 1 further Saturday only upto and including R3.

(Formerly this further Saturday was the default, unless both clubs agreed to go midweek: recently it got altered to effectively the home club's choice, as if they cannot agree the home club's preference is taken).

It's always been straight to midweek from R4, even for non-league clubs, and even for clubs without floodlights.

Lochee v Ayr was R3:

Sat 29th Nov 2008        postponement #1
Sat 6th Dec 2008           postponement #2
Mon 8th Dec 2008        postponement #3
Wed 10th Dec 2008     postponement #4

(Sat 13th Dec 2008 the pitch was playable for Lochee Utd 1-3 Arthurlie in Scottish Junior Cup R3 while Ayr Utd 3-0 Alloa was played in SFL2)
Mon 15th Dec 2008     postponement #5
Wed 17th Dec 2008     Lochee Utd 1-1 Ayr Utd
Tue 23rd Dec 2008       Ayr Utd 3-1 Lochee Utd

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think it depends on the floodlight situation.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

That might be what is was then, does ring a bell now.

Nope.

Edited by HibeeJibee

22 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Further update is that ground is frozen even beneath covers. With forecast as it is there is very little chance of game being on.

Looks too cold tonight too, so you’re likely correct. If the forecast is right, no chance of enough sun to justify lifting the covers Friday, eh?

At least it above freezing from Saturday morning through Tuesday…as s**t as a Tuesday night game would be, at least it would happen.