St Mirren V Dundee

johnnydun

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Dundee matched St Mirren yesterday and played well. But I don't think anyone can honestly say that based on one game you are 'clearly as good' as a team in the top 6 of the Premiership. 

We matched Hearts in our recent two games. No St Mirren fan would claim we are 'clearly as good' as them.

Eh? We’re currently 7th in the premiership.
7 points away from the playoff spot. 

Two poor teams yesterday. It was painful watching. 

Dundee at least looked up for the game.

The support from St Mirren fans was poor yesterday both in numbers and vocal support. 

I hope our outfield players all pitched in with a portion of their win bonus for Trevor Carson.

Is Brophy destined to never hit the back of the net in a Saints strip in Paisley?

12 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

And as I have been saying for ages Main and Ayunga are a terrible partnership as they simply do not score. Why can't Robinson see this and do something about it? Main and Greive were good against Hearts Away yet Ayunga automatically gets back into the team and has a horror show at Parkhead then gets picked again for the Cup game. WTF.

Didn't see game yesterday but agree with this. Main and Ayunga broadly fulfil the same role. I feel there might be games when you can still justify going with both, but I think we need to consider them as being in competition for the same spot, alongside Greive, Brophy or Offord.

44 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Dundee matched St Mirren yesterday and played well. But I don't think anyone can honestly say that based on one game you are 'clearly as good' as a team in the top 6 of the Premiership. 

We matched Hearts in our recent two games. No St Mirren fan would claim we are 'clearly as good' as them.

You have won 1 of your last 10 league games. You are pish m9 and in relegation form.

Where did that performance come from a complete shocker  so much so I left at the final 90 minute whistle. I suppose you play as bad as that and go through you have to take a positive. Carson what a goalkeeper should get to keep all of Saints players win bonuses. 

1 hour ago, Chewing Taffies said:

You have won 1 of your last 10 league games. You are pish m9 and in relegation form.

We have lost 2 of the last 9 games - Away to Hearts and Celtic. Hardly relegation form. Do you work for the b*****d Tories?

All disagreements a side, I think we can all agree that Dundee United were fucking mental to let Trevor Carson go for free. We should have been all over that but St Mirren have got a cracker and one of the best keepers in Scotland provided he's fully over his injury concerns.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

All disagreements a side, I think we can all agree that Dundee United were fucking mental to let Trevor Carson go for free. We should have been all over that but St Mirren have got a cracker and one of the best keepers in Scotland provided he's fully over his injury concerns.

Totally agree but I would also say our last 3 keepers have all credited Langfield with their improvement.

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Saints paid "a nominal fee" for him.  As has been said, we've been incredibly lucky the last 5-6 years with keepers.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Totally agree but I would also say our last 3 keepers have all credited Langfield with their improvement.

To be fair, they are hardly gonna bury him! Think you've just had 3 hugely talented keepers. 

Proof will be if Langfield can make a shite keeper somewhat competent.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, they are hardly gonna bury him! Think you've just had 3 hugely talented keepers. 

You could argue he managed that to a degree with Dean Lyness. Pure journeyman, stayed with us for an extended spell and was happy to support from the bench. Proved to be an able deputy when required. 

There's definitely a talent there (Langfield) in keeping a reserve keeper who isn't an absolute haddy content for a relatively long period. 

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

True but there does seem to be something in it.

15F7FCF7-69CA-4425-9146-6AD71F9396C6.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Torfason said:

True but there does seem to be something in it.

15F7FCF7-69CA-4425-9146-6AD71F9396C6.jpeg

Without going all Roy Keane, that's what the GK coach is supposed to do. Rab Douglas always credited Bobby Geddes for the research he done on penalties and Legzdins has done likewise with Alan Combe.

It might be that Langfield is excellent at his job and the Lyness example above is a bit more solid evidence than Carson, Hladky or Alnwick being good for you.