St Mirren V Dundee

johnnydun

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

The league is the priority this season anyway. 

Reveal hidden contents

<<<Verge of tears

In all seriousness, that game pretty much showed how badly we need a goalscorer. I reckon we would have won that if we’d still had Robinson and he played. Anyway, all ifs and buts. 

All the best to St Mirren in the next round. I really don’t understand where this manufactured animosity between the fans has come from, beyond the usual opposition rivalry. 

It's just because most of the Dundee fans that post on here are absolute dickheads, it doesn't extend beyond here.

Never in doubt. 

Is all seriousness, that was as poor as we've been since the last cup competition we took part in. 

We really need to address our lack of goals and creative play in the final third. 

Happy to be in the draw , Carson was great. 

Nothing to add.

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Disappointed with the attendance today.
Given this is the last opportunity this season to win some silverware I’d have expected a bigger crowd from both teams.
Has the Scottish cup lost its appeal in recent years?

We probably would have brought 1,000+ if we’d still been on an unbeaten run and sitting top of the league. But the last two games (that actually went ahead) will likely have put off anyone who was on the fence about going. 

21 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Given this is the last opportunity this season to win some silverware I’d have expected a bigger crowd from both teams.

Tough times for folk and we’re off the back of 3 or 4 pretty expensive away trips. I didn’t expect us to be near 3000 in all honesty.

Dungdee fans will be having nightmares about Trevor Carson tonight. Two unbelievable saves before his penalty shoot out heroics.:lol:

Anyway, lower league diddies duly despatched and onto the next round.:)

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, The Master said:

All the best to St Mirren in the next round. I really don’t understand where this manufactured animosity between the fans has come from, beyond the usual opposition rivalry. 

54 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's just because most of the Dundee fans that post on here are absolute dickheads, it doesn't extend beyond here.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Dungdee fans will be having nightmares about Trevor Carson tonight. Two unbelievable saves before his penalty shoot out heroics.:lol:

Anyway, lower league diddies duly despatched and onto the next round.:)

What a penis. 

Thought Dundee played very well today, and their fans showed us up.

Saints were very poor.  Actually looked short of confidence and belief.

Not sure why that would be the case, but our build up was painfully slow and cautious. 

Partly down to how Dundee closed us down.  Seemed to be full of energy.

Hope they beat United in the play offs.

13 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Thought Dundee played very well today, and their fans showed us up.

Saints were very poor.  Actually looked short of confidence and belief.

Not sure why that would be the case, but our build up was painfully slow and cautious. 

Partly down to how Dundee closed us down.  Seemed to be full of energy.

Hope they beat United in the play offs.

Have to agree.

Dundee played much like we play most of our games in the league. Passed it about quickly on the break, but unfortunately for them, they're as inept as us when it comes to taking chances.

We got lucky, as we didn't really force Legzdins into any saves other than routine ones.

As for Brophy.............. He can't even score a penalty at home!

There wasn't one of our outfield players that I'd give pass marks to on today's showing.

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

Charles Fucking Dunne and his World Cup passes!

:lol: The diagonals in that first half were ridiculous. I’m sure they all looked good in his head before he played them but he didn’t even come close to finding a St Mirren player. Brilliant guy and a solid defender for a team at our level, but Paolo Maldini he is not. 

2 hours ago, thomas said:

There's nothing sader than a lonely blue smoke bomb as you fail miserably to convert any penalties.

The realisation that they were about to lose tamely on penalties but still had a blue smoke bomb in their pocket so better use it before they left the stadium :lol: I quite liked it tbh. 

St Mirren were poor today but Dundee played their part in contributing towards that, they are a solid team although I never felt they threatened Carson’s goal too much. It was a typical Premiership team versus leading Championship team occasion.

Also didn’t realise at the game how badly injured Tyler French was, hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Just seen on Twitter that’s he’s suffered a leg break which is obviously never good and something no one wants to see.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

There was at least 1000 more than the official attendance. The usual ploy of diddling the away club out of their real share of the gate money.