Queen’s Park Vs Hamilton Accies

There’s still something completely alternate universe about this whole thing. I actually think we’ve played an awful lot better than we did today, but we were so clinical in the first half. Killed the game in the second half. Mal Boateng is the best player in the Championship and I’ll fight anyone who wants to argue with me about it. 

Huge credit to the club for managing to get those numbers in. 3000+ is beyond what I thought we could reach for a first attempt. If even a small percentage of the folk have caught the bug it’s a completely worthwhile initiative. It was great to see. There’s definitely scope for growth for us. Glad the new fans got to see a few goals being knocked in. Great stuff.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Genuine question, where did the 3k crowd come from?

Free tickets or something?

Yip. The club have quite rightly been given pelters this year, but they got this spot on today. That we won 4-0 helped, but hopefully a decent number of these kids will be back.

Decent number from Hamilton.

Very enjoyable today. 4 goals in 20 mins, how bizarre. We didn't play great in honesty, very clinical but we've created a lot more in other games. I think Hamilton will be playing L1 next year which is scary considering the long spell in the prem. 

3200 is a great turnout, even if it was freebies. The club can start to grow now we're back in Glasgow. 

Hunt for the title is on folks....

Good result for the Spiders today although I didn’t think we played that well. Great to have Murray and Savoury on the scoresheet too and that goal from Josh was a peach. Boating was his usual self, confidently dealing with everything around him and passing with sublime confidence to his team mates. Great player.

Loved being back on the south side and having a big crowd helped the atmosphere (and the Florida Park). Looked in to Lesser on the way past and the stand is looking ok but the view at the front two rows will be pretty poor. Still, I just want to get in there.

By the way, the royal box looks even more ridiculous now.

Well done indeed to the club for all the organisation and promotion of the match yesterday. The flags and hats etc were a nice touch as well and looking at the feedback online the various school and club groups had a fantastic day out. 

The challenge now is to reconcile the growth potential with the Lesser Hampden stadium capacity (or lack there of)

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Mal Boateng is the best player in the Championship and I’ll fight anyone who wants to argue with me about it. 

This a million times over, absolute Rolls-Royce of a player and if he isn’t at a higher level next season I’d be amazed.

26 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

This a million times over, absolute Rolls-Royce of a player and if he isn’t at a higher level next season I’d be amazed.

Head and shoulders above anything Accies had …. Very comfortable on the ball , controlled the middle…and as you say with no disrespect to QP , will be soon playing at a higher level …very very good midfielder….

53 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Head and shoulders above anything Accies had …. Very comfortable on the ball , controlled the middle…and as you say with no disrespect to QP , will be soon playing at a higher level …very very good midfielder….

He likely will be as he is onloan from Crystal Palace till May 2023

40 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

He likely will be as he is onloan from Crystal Palace till May 2023

From what I can find online, his contract expires at the end of this season. Although it'll be a hard sell I'm sure we'll be trying to talk him into a permanent deal (along with plenty other clubs). It'll become a lot more realistic if we get promoted!

32 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

From what I can find online, his contract expires at the end of this season. Although it'll be a hard sell I'm sure we'll be trying to talk him into a permanent deal (along with plenty other clubs). It'll become a lot more realistic if we get promoted!

The one thing that gives me the slightest grain of hope of keeping him, is that Coyle and Beuker could convince you we’re going to win the Champions League if you listen to them for five minutes.

Great result for Queens yesterday. Watched the highlights and some cracking goals in there. Have seen you twice again at Dundee at Ochilview and it's clear you have some very talented players. Had to miss our league meeting at Dens but was reliably informed by my mates that QP have been the best footballing side at Dens this season and that the score line flattered us. I fully expect you to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Excellent crowd yesterday as well. It would be fantastic if you could get even 10-20% of those extra fans who attended yesterday to become regulars. On that subject you'd like to think that the QP fanbase will continue to grow, especially if promotion to the top league is achieved. Do you feel the revamped Lesser Hampden is going to be big enough? Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what is the potential maximum capacity should they develop all 4 sides of the ground?

Edited by ScottyDee1893

Just great to have the Queen's Park back in the South Side and well done to the club for turning it into a grand day out for the weans and the wider community. It was surreal rolling up to Hampden as part of a decent sized crowd for a QP league game. I felt Queen's weren't quite at their best for most of the match and indeed Accies were looking the more likely to score until Grant Savoury got the first. Thereafter there was twenty minutes of mayhem for the Hamilton rearguard as 3 more absolute peaches followed. Second half was an anticlimax but overall an enjoyable day.

That was only my second game this season and my first sight of Mal Boateng. He's an absolute player and Haughey should offer him the sun, the moon, and the stars to stay. Don't think it'll happen though as he's obviously capable of playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship or a relegation dogfight in the Scottish Premier. Would love him to stick around as we will be weaker without him.

Now what do we do about the New Year game v Patrick Sizzle? Even if Lesser stage one were to be ready (and I doubt that it will be) it would only have a capacity of around 1,000. Clearly not enough.

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Just great to have the Queen's Park back in the South Side and well done to the club for turning it into a grand day out for the weans and the wider community. It was surreal rolling up to Hampden as part of a decent sized crowd for a QP league game. I felt Queen's weren't quite at their best for most of the match and indeed Accies were looking the more likely to score until Grant Savoury got the first. Thereafter there was twenty minutes of mayhem for the Hamilton rearguard as 3 more absolute peaches followed. Second half was an anticlimax but overall an enjoyable day.

That was only my second game this season and my first sight of Mal Boateng. He's an absolute player and Haughey should offer him the sun, the moon, and the stars to stay. Don't think it'll happen though as he's obviously capable of playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship or a relegation dogfight in the Scottish Premier. Would love him to stick around as we will be weaker without him.

Now what do we do about the New Year game v Patrick Sizzle? Even if Lesser stage one were to be ready (and I doubt that it will be) it would only have a capacity of around 1,000. Clearly not enough.

Can't see us playing Thistle at Lesser, this games must be played at Hampden where we could get a crowd of 3,000 without any freebies.

29 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Can't see us playing Thistle at Lesser, this games must be played at Hampden where we could get a crowd of 3,000 without any freebies.

2 home games in a week in January (Thistle on 2nd then Cove on 7th). Looking at Lesser, I can't see it being ready by then, but while Hampden would be ideal for us, I'm not convinced the SFA will be too keen on having those games there with the two League Cup Semi Finals the following weekend.

3 away games after that in January then at home again on 4th February, which is probably a more realistic target for the first game at Lesser.