Queen’s Park Vs Hamilton Accies

At Last, We return to the Southside for the first time since 2021. Even though is only for a while, We’ll give a proper goodbye to Hampden before we eventually move into our new home at Lesser.

Onto the Game, Queen’s Park have been grinding out results and are becoming the form team having not lost since the Friday night game at Cove. We’re also playing some good football and are good on the eye. Despite the conditions up at Peterhead, we were finally about to brake our little hodo and win convincingly 3-0. Hamilton as expected beating East Kilbride and putting their name in the hat for the 4th round with Andy Ryan getting an impressive Hat-Trick. Hamilton did also make it tough for us up at NDP but just like their season so far they weren’t able to take their chances and ultimately payed the price for it. Really excited for this as it is a game we have the most favourable tie and should realistically get all 3 points but you honestly never know with the Championship.

As for the Starting lineup, would probably keep the same 11 that played against Raith. Of course there’s the case whether or not Savoury should come in as he’s had great cameos of the bench and got his goal against his former club. But with momentum with us it’s best we go with the same 11:

Ferrie

Davidson Fox Kilday Robson

Thomson Boateng 

Thomas Jarrett McPake

Murray 

Looking Forward for this one. Hope as many people come through the Turnstiles whether you’re a Queens Park fan, a Hamilton fan, someone who likes football or even someone local to watch the game on Saturday as we look to keep our wining streak going. Safe travels to everyone who will make the trip to Hampden.

QPFC 2-1 HFC

9 hours ago, Owsley said:

The "someone local" will need to know you can't pay at the gate. Can't be doing with this pish. 

7 hours ago, G_&_T said:

That's pish. I might go to the game, but I cannae be bothered with hassle, either. 

I don't think we'd be able to offer a pay at the gate option even if we wanted to, unfortunately. The turnstiles at Hampden have been completely electronic and unmanned for a couple of years now.

10 hours ago, Owsley said:

The "someone local" will need to know you can't pay at the gate. Can't be doing with this pish. 

At least it will prevent a long queue of away fans still waiting outside the ground long after kickoff because the guy at the only open turnstile is only taking cash and explaining to each person individually that he is tearing them off a paper ticket from a long strip just in case the game is suddenly abandoned midway through and needs to be rescheduled. (As happened at our league Cup game at New Douglas Park earlier in the season)

I suspect it will be some laugh at the turnstiles on Saturday right enough.

QP fans and community families unfamiliar with how the Hampden tickets work, adults trying to herd groups of kids teams/school groups through etc

It used to be a shambles in the past when the crowd was only slightly bigger than normal.

Hopefully the stewards searching everyone on the way in is a thing of the past, one of many legacy issues with previous club officials 

14 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Hopefully the stewards searching everyone on the way in is a thing of the past, one of many legacy issues with previous club officials 

The previous stewarding of the games at Hampden was awful, with a few notable exceptions.  The over-zealous searching of bags would not have looked out place at the Gazza Strip border entry. 

Hopefully that nonsense is behind us.

Will the Social Club be open before the game?  

29 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

The previous stewarding of the games at Hampden was awful, with a few notable exceptions.  The over-zealous searching of bags would not have looked out place at the Gazza Strip border entry. 

Heard that it might but the Club will probably announce whether or not it’s open later in the week

7 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I’d think it’s highly unlikely the club will be open given all the ongoing renovation work inside and outside the building. Plus I imagine they would need to do some sort of soft opening first.

I suspect this was just the latest round of “I know something you don’t know” at QP that turns out to be wrong.

I tried to buy a ticket this morning but according to the website it’s sold out.
Did any season ticket holders request an extra free ticket that is no longer required?
Won't be sold out but my boy can't go now. If you dm me ( if you know how?) I'll email you the ticket