P&B Trustpilot

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Still never eaten at Bar Aldo's, but Aldo was always very generous when I was doing the charity fundraising thing, and I've seen them sponsoring other charity stuff too, so clearly Good Guys. Also, nobody has a bad word to say about their food.

Aldo’s son and daughter used to run Amodo Mio in Falkirk which was great until they gave it up. The daughter, Carolina, I think got pregnant. It’s now leased out to Christie’s which is okay but not as good as when it was Italian.

I ordered Napapijri jackets x 2 from Very. They were something like £190 each. They sent me two very different items- being a size 10 & 12 woman's dress. 

I emailed through a query and was told it would be sorted. They then never refunded me the jackets because they were never returned. I gave up after about a month of messaging and just stopped paying them.

Very. Very bad. 

Vodafone - a total nightmare getting a contract cancelled within the cooling off period. Numerous calls with useless call centre staff that didn't seem to know what on earth they were doing. Eventually got it resolved and will not be using them again. 

Sixt - tried to pin damage on me that I didn't cause when I rented a car in France. Having not taken their ridiculously-priced waiver, I had obviously marked myself out as a potential sucker for them. I had insured myself against this elsewhere, which I think cost £15 or something. Anyway, they wrote to me a few days later asking for an explanation along with some photos of a car which did in fairness have some damage. I replied that I didn't do it (I hadn't- the car had clearly suffered a scrape or that I'd have certainly noticed) and that the car was not where I had left it, along with a photo of the car parked when I returned it. They wrote to me again and I replied referring them to my previous response. They gave up after that, thankfully. 

Edited by Michael W

20 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

What businesses were so good to deal with that you couldn’t see past using them again, and why?

What businesses have shafted you on a scale that sends you into a frothing mess, and why?

I’m not going to lie, I’m here for the latter. Wren Kitchens are the biggest Shitehawks in the history of Shitehawks. Promised me a special order for units that weren’t standard size, they offered it by the way. They weren’t delivered and when I chased them for it they confirmed they didn’t exist and there is nothing they can do. Had the salesman said that to me we’d have redesigned, and now I’m left to spend £2-3k bespoke units to fill the spaces left. Head into orbit territory.

Avoid like plague.

Funny thing is when I speak to people, a lot have had similar issues with these cretins. Let the masses of P&B know who to avoid and who to cherish.

Owner is a big Tory funder.

Currys.......shower of cvnts........I refuse to enter their portals, digital or physical, after they took the absolute piss with my mother's alleged new fridge freezer delivery a few years back...1st attempt - ."So sorry, can't deliver today, most of our drivers have bilharzia" 2nd attempt - "Sorry, the van that was coming to you has had a puncture" 3rd attempt - "Sorry, your fridge freezer has been damaged in the warehouse"....That was when I told them to ram it.........Money was returned pronto after I called their HQ and actually got hold of someone high up and had a 'robust chat'.....................

British Gas - everybody must know by now that this mob are at it. Need investigating for their non-existant 'customer service'.

HOWEVER, a big shout out for the good people at McNicholl Vehicle Hire at Lochrin Place in Edinburgh. Always good service and their rates are pretty decent.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Might need a suit for a funeral if I can't squeeze into my old one, good place?

If you’ll be lying in the coffin, you can have them release the rear seams for some room. Unlikely you’ll be complaining about it being too tight, though.

Just now, Hamish's Passenger said:

Kick a man when he’s down why don’t you emoji23.png

I'm buying an IKEA kitchen. This will be third property I put one in at a fraction cost. The first is still going strong 15 year later when my ex sold the house last year.

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Curry's.......shower of cvnts........I refuse to enter their portals, digital or physical, after they took the absolute piss with my mother's alleged new fridge freezer delivery a few years back...1st attempt - ."So sorry, can't deliver today, most of our drivers have bilharzia" 2nd attempt - "Sorry, the van that was coming to you has had a puncture" 3rd attempt - "Sorry, your fridge freezer has been damaged in the warehouse"....That was when I told them to ram it.........Money was returned pronto after I called their HQ and actually got hold of someone high up and had a 'robust chat'.....................

Currys are useless. We bought a fridge freezer off them one December. It broke on Boxing Day. They said they'd send someone out the next day. He showed up at 6.30 (supposed to be between 9 and 5). Needed a new part, which he ordered a couple of days later...and on and on. 2 weeks without a fridge freezer.

I'll occasionally order white goods from Very, as their interest-free credit is usually quite good. I do remember having some trouble with them once; don't remember what it was, but it got sorted eventually. Their internal procedures are likely pretty poor. They're the ones who started life as Woolworths Online, right?

Some years back, the internet was rotten for retailers who advertised products as in stock, listing the number they had on-hand and ready to ship. As soon as you committed to buy, suddenly they were sold out and gave you a shipping date way off in the future. Presumably they were all listing the promised inventory that their overseas suppliers had and were waiting to get a full shipping container of orders before getting them delivered. I spent more time cancelling orders that were going to arrive in six months than actual purchases that could be fulfilled. Chancers.

20 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I'm buying an IKEA kitchen. This will be third property I put one in at a fraction cost. The first is still going strong 15 year later when my ex sold the house last year.

Got a new kitchen six years ago from IKEA. 
Brilliant service, absolutely hassle free.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I ordered Napapijri jackets x 2 from Very. They were something like £190 each. They sent me two very different items- being a size 10 & 12 woman's dress. 

I emailed through a query and was told it would be sorted. They then never refunded me the jackets because they were never returned. I gave up after about a month of messaging and just stopped paying them.

Very. Very bad. 

My missus would sort that scenario out in a jiffy. She's forever buying and returning stuff. 

Me. I couldn't be arsed. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'll occasionally order white goods from Very, as their interest-free credit is usually quite good. I do remember having some trouble with them once; don't remember what it was, but it got sorted eventually. Their internal procedures are likely pretty poor. They're the ones who started life as Woolworths Online, right?

Think they used to be Littlewoods but may be wrong