Falkirk Vs Airdrie

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Yeh, especially with Oliver's miss. Not hitting the target was dreadful.

Gallagher & Jamieson had real off days but hopefully the next time we play we'll have Frizzell, Fordyce & Rae along with a couple of newbies in the January window all fit and available.

Kai Kennedy's goal was pretty decent and obviously has ability but he's a little p***k waving his imaginary yellow cards to the ref.

He played pretty well today, but I agree. Players asking referees to book players is pretty bad sportsmanship. However, the referee was terrible today. I didn’t see the a replay but to me that looked like a pen near the end, and if that was an Airdrie player I’d have felt lucky it wasn’t a pen. Yet to see a replay though. But the ref never gave a blatant push by Airdrie in the first half either. So at least he was consistently pish. 

First half we were miles off it, was a good finish from Kennedy but his positioning for it was awful. Second half much improvement and looked good on the counter. Happy with a point considering how miles off it we were in the first half and with the thiness of the squad. Happy to keep the unbeaten run going and lets hope we strengthen in January for a play off push.

How an earth did Oliver miss that chance in the second half. That was a roller coaster of a game, but a point away from home at 2nd place is decent.

Edited by David Fernández

Oliver and Morrison must practice shooting together at training. Why he didn’t lay it off to Morrison either is beyond me. Anyway. IMO that’s 2 points dropped. We will not win the league missing this many scoring chances. I genuinely think Lawal would have buried that Oliver chance. Falkirk don’t ruin my Saturdays anymore, because I expect it. 

5 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

He played pretty well today, but I agree. Players asking referees to book players is pretty bad sportsmanship. However, the referee was terrible today. I didn’t see the a replay but to me that looked like a pen near the end, and if that was an Airdrie player I’d have felt lucky it wasn’t a pen. Yet to see a replay though. But the ref never gave a blatant push by Airdrie in the first half either. So at least he was consistently pish. 

He’s on loan from that lot, what else would you expect. Same as Alegria. 

Had to watch the stream due to illness. Terrible first half and right off it with high balls all the time. 2nd half very end to end. No refs good at this level and will have to watch replay for the late penalty call.

.......Falkirk commentator probably the most biased of any teams, but coverage was good.

Good to see Frizz back and that's 5 unbeaten in league and we are hanging in race. I expect Rae and Frizz back for Dunfermline game, but keeper was good today

11 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

Oliver and Morrison must practice shooting together at training. Why he didn’t lay it off to Morrison either is beyond me. Anyway. IMO that’s 2 points dropped. We will not win the league missing this many scoring chances. I genuinely think Lawal would have buried that Oliver chance. Falkirk don’t ruin my Saturdays anymore, because I expect it. 

Same, i couldn't believe that Smith didn't square it to Jamieson for a tap in around the 5 minute mark, LJ even looked more angry than he normally does!

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Embarrassing not being able to beat that Airdrie team. 

Imagine how we feel! We've came to Grangemouth to collect our standard issue 3 points and that's happened. It's a catastrophe. I mean, that's only 10 guaranteed point this season now. This really is the worst.  McCabe out!

I think that game showed why both teams aren’t closer to the top. Plenty of decent attacking play but so many daft mistakes and poor choices. It’s the most open game I’ve seen in a while, both teams could have scored within the first five minutes and while a draw was fair, a better team would have won that by a few goals early on. 

Our midfield were miles off it in the first half but we looked better in the second half, especially when Frizzell came on. I thought the 5 minute spell where Gallagher could have had a clear shot at goal and then had a header wide, with Oliver missing a great chance at the other end in between, summed us up. Exciting to watch at times but just so open and soft. 

I also thought the referee had a poor game, for both teams. Falkirk seemed to get every foul whenever a player (generally Kennedy) went down, no matter how soft, while Gallagher got very little whenever Donaldson or Mackie were all over him. I thought we got lucky with the penalty claim a couple of minutes in though and while it was hard to see from the other end, I wouldn’t have been surprised if the one near the end was given either.

Really wish McGlynn would play Burrell and Alegria up front together.

Absolutely agree with this.
At very least WHY take off Burrell and replace him with Alegria when we are chasing a win? Both are creative players and capable finishers.
Terrible decision from McGlynn imo, and it’s not the first time either….

5 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Hope someone puts Telfer up in the air. Main stay in one of the worst periods in our history

Why would you want to potentially injure the opposition's most ineffective player?

5 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Centre back pairing of Watson and ATS 😂😂

Watson was absolutely outstanding today, ATS did okay, Euan Deveney was also excellent unfortunately Cammy was fucking miles off it and seems to be getting further away from being decent with every game he plays.

10 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Watson was absolutely outstanding today, ATS did okay, Euan Deveney was also excellent unfortunately Cammy was fucking miles off it and seems to be getting further away from being decent with every game he plays.

Watson was excellent today, I just had the fear before kick off hearing that we had a centre back partnership of ATS and Watson who are both prone to making errors. ATS looked pretty competent at centre back and I wished we'd of used the left hand side more as Euan Deveney was in acres of space all through the second half.

Was a very open and entertaining game with both sides passing up plenty of chances. Worst of the lot was Gary Oliver though ffs, even the Airdrie keeper seemed to accept it was going to be a goal so to put it past the post was utterly criminal. Score there and at 2-0 I think that would have been that 

Thought the ref was fucking hopeless throughout (for both teams) and looked like we had 2 very good penalty shouts 

Not sure if the subs helped or hindered us, only Lawal really had a positive impact. Should have still seen the game out, McGinn just needed to boot it out/ up the park rather than giving it away where he did

A real missed opportunity to close the gap at the top (again). Vital we find a but more consistency and soon if we want to at least challenge for the league