Falkirk Vs Airdrie

It's a penalty, but its not as clear cut as I thought from reading the thread.

Some of the chances we had there in those highlights though... Dear oh dear. McGlynn needs to be doing some extra work on composure in front of goal because that looked to me like a game that we absolutely should have seen out with 3 points yesterday and this wastefulness is killing us.

15 hours ago, David Fernández said:

First half we were miles off it, was a good finish from Kennedy but his positioning for it was awful. Second half much improvement and looked good on the counter. Happy with a point considering how miles off it we were in the first half and with the thiness of the squad. Happy to keep the unbeaten run going and lets hope we strengthen in January for a play off push.

How an earth did Oliver miss that chance in the second half. That was a roller coaster of a game, but a point away from home at 2nd place is decent.

3rd place 🥴🤣

Have we actually had a penalty in the league this season yet? At the time I wasn't convinced Alegria hadn't just got the ball stuck under his feet, but the defender clearly shoves him in the back with two hands. How can both the ref and linesman miss that? :shutup

That bloody miss by Oliver as well, feel like we should be having more shots at goal from further out given no keeper in this league is outstanding, but we seem to need a lot of practice at actually hitting the target with a shot.

6 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Have we actually had a penalty in the league this season yet? At the time I wasn't convinced Alegria hadn't just got the ball stuck under his feet, but the defender clearly shoves him in the back with two hands. How can both the ref and linesman miss that? :shutup

That bloody miss by Oliver as well, feel like we should be having more shots at goal from further out given no keeper in this league is outstanding, but we seem to need a lot of practice at actually hitting the target with a shot.

Aye a bit like Airdrie needing a few players before mounting a serious challenge, 

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why haha?

It's either because he's one of these morons who can't finish any post without an emoji or a "haha" or he's not really a Falkirk fan and finds your struggles hilarious.

Having checked, I can confirm he has plenty of posts which end with a standard full stop.

haha

Edited by cb_diamond

8 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

That Gary Oliver miss is even worse on replay. Bust of a signing.

Hogarth is an absolute mess in the goals as well. When is PJ back?

Another 2 points dropped. This team is nowhere near winning a title haha. 

I think PJ's a better keeper than Hogarth but I have no idea what you think Hogarth did wrong yesterday. If anything he saved us by getting a touch on Telfer's cross in the first half, nothing he can do about the goal.

it's clear Oliver is a dud of a signing and I'm also over the Burrell love in. He's far too easily pushed off the ball and offers nothing more than a ball in behind.

19 hours ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I think Airdrie fans will feel extremely happy to walk away with a point in that match. 

TBF we missed our fair share of chances also. For folk to be talking about Falkirk winning at a canter, if Smith squares to Jamieson at the start, it's potentially a different game. Smith probably should have done better with some of his other chances, Gal should have hit Deveney's cross/cutback first time, McGill was unlucky at the end and so was Telfer with his cross in the first-half. Given how open and end-to-end the game was I thought the draw was fair. 

16 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Watson was excellent today, I just had the fear before kick off hearing that we had a centre back partnership of ATS and Watson who are both prone to making errors. ATS looked pretty competent at centre back and I wished we'd of used the left hand side more as Euan Deveney was in acres of space all through the second half.

My #hottake is that ATS has been better than Fordyce this season so I wouldn't necessarily have Fordyce straight back in the team for Dunfermline. The midfield were miles off it in the first-half to the extent they were non-existent but, they and the team as a whole were much better in the second-half. Played with a better (any) intensity and tempo and passed it around well. Telfer gets a slagging but thought he was much better in the second-half. Watson has been very up and down this season but thought him and ATS were solid, albeit I think the goal we lost was another soft as shite goal (but a good finish from Kennedy all the same). Deveney was very good. Won his defensive duels, got himself into yards of space and really stretched Falkirk out. If he just had a wee bit more confidence and his final ball was better he could become a very good player. Great to see Smith get two goals in two and playing with a bit of confidence again. Brilliant to see Frizzell back. His absence and his cameo in this game illustrated just how essential he is to this team. Was his harrying of McGinn that won the ball back for the goal and his general presence as an option and ball carrier made a difference. As did Gabby from the bench once again. Who would have thought subs could be so important? 

All in all, a good point in the end. Keeps us in the mix and if that remains the case heading into January then we're in a good place. Not bad considering the injuries and depth issues we've had and at one point only taking 4/21 points. 

17 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

TBF we missed our fair share of chances also. For folk to be talking about Falkirk winning at a canter, if Smith squares to Jamieson at the start, it's potentially a different game. Smith probably should have done better with some of his other chances, Gal should have hit Deveney's cross/cutback first time, McGill was unlucky at the end and so was Telfer with his cross in the first-half. Given how open and end-to-end the game was I thought the draw was fair. 

My #hottake is that ATS has been better than Fordyce this season so I wouldn't necessarily have Fordyce straight back in the team for Dunfermline. The midfield were miles off it in the first-half to the extent they were non-existent but, they and the team as a whole were much better in the second-half. Played with a better (any) intensity and tempo and passed it around well. Telfer gets a slagging but thought he was much better in the second-half. Watson has been very up and down this season but thought him and ATS were solid, albeit I think the goal we lost was another soft as shite goal (but a good finish from Kennedy all the same). Deveney was very good. Won his defensive duels, got himself into yards of space and really stretched Falkirk out. If he just had a wee bit more confidence and his final ball was better he could become a very good player. Great to see Smith get two goals in two and playing with a bit of confidence again. Brilliant to see Frizzell back. His absence and his cameo in this game illustrated just how essential he is to this team. Was his harrying of McGinn that won the ball back for the goal and his general presence as an option and ball carrier made a difference. As did Gabby from the bench once again. Who would have thought subs could be so important? 

All in all, a good point in the end. Keeps us in the mix and if that remains the case heading into January then we're in a good place. Not bad considering the injuries and depth issues we've had and at one point only taking 4/21 points. 

ATS has done a decent enough job everytime I have seen him at centre back for us. I thought Telfer played well especially in the second half, I think some of our fans are slagging him off cause of what they've been reading on the Falkirk thread. 

Watching the highlights on Diamonds TV there is a case that Kennedy was actually offside for the goal. Euan Deveney done very well I think he's got the potential to be a very good player. Callum Smith's work rate is fantastic great to see him get amongst the goals again.

Frizzell's block from McGinn's shot was excellent defending, the weeks rest will hopefully get him and Gabby McGill who I thought was excellent too back to full fitness.

Also he's been getting a lot of stick rightly so but Dean Lyness made a few very good saves and played so much better.

Guest Back Post Misses
17 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Absolutely agree with this.
At very least WHY take off Burrell and replace him with Alegria when we are chasing a win? Both are creative players and capable finishers.
Terrible decision from McGlynn imo, and it’s not the first time either….

Burrell was rotten again. Correct decision 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Rubbish.

All about opinions. But if you thought Burrell had a good games yesterday we know who is talking rubbish. He got bossed by ATS FFS. 

Surely this upcoming game v Dundee is a chance to experiment a bit?

Why not try Burrell and Allegria as a front two?

Hogarth/Martin

Williamson Donaldson Mackie McCann

Kennedy Hetherington Lawal Nesbitt

Burrell.     Allegria

Giving McGinn a rest might be a good idea.

Any thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

All about opinions. But if you thought Burrell had a good games yesterday we know who is talking rubbish. He got bossed by ATS FFS. 

It was actually Watson most of the time. It was Watson that shoved him in the first half (amusing) and generally just found a space for Burrell in his pocket most of the game. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It was actually Watson most of the time. It was Watson that shoved him in the first half (amusing) and generally just found a space for Burrell in his pocket most of the game. 

Whoever it was did not manage to get on top of Alegria as easily 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

All teams will have injuries, depth of sqad could have been avoided got to make good at next window,