Falkirk Vs Airdrie

5 hours ago, Passionate said:

Telfer has been ok for us, nothing special probably struggled to get up to pace with him missing pre season,  not scored yet......  

I wonder if McCabe will target McCann again we normally give Leon the runaround in these games...

McCann has been much better, and only continues improving. I doubt it would be nearly as effective if he's targeted now, compared to previous matches. 

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mccann has been player of the year so far. Hopefully have a plan to combat the inevitable long punts in his direction. 

I'm actually quite pleased McCann seems now to have started to live up to his potential at Falkirk, still hope he has an absolute stinker on Saturday though.

I doubt we will deploy a long ball tactic. Doesn't suit the style of play McCabe favours, especially just to target one player who now seems to be in form. Pointless. 

It seemed to be the case v Dundee that getting the ball down and playing football works best for us. We can match most teams on our day. Where we currently fall down is lack of a decent bench. Squad depth could impact us again on Saturday. Need to get to January still in the mix. 

Regarding Telfer, he's not been as bad as some say IMO. I guess when you go from Easton to Telfer, it's hard not to see what is lacking in terms of what he adds. Also he came with a reputation of not doing enough in a poor Falkirk team. However I think he's been decent without being outstanding. Looking forward to seeing him and Frizz play together as think they could work well together and help create more opportunities for the forwards. 

Great seeing Smith get back amongst the goals last week. If ever a player deserved a goal it was him. His work rate is just superb so it'll have done his confidence a power of good. 

As for the game itself, I am nervous about it as Falkirk are probably at the best level they have been at for a few years now and by all accounts. 

Mind you, I don't think I've ever gone into a game V Falkirk with confidence, even if we have had the upper hand in recent seasons. 

I'd take a draw. 

On 30/11/2022 at 16:22, David Fernández said:

When Airdrie beat Falkirk 2-1 at home during the lockdown season Ally Roy scored for the diamonds and a certain Mr Telfer for the bairns with Euan Deveney also on the bench.

A terrific front 3 for us that day with Euan O'Reilly, Ally Roy and Jack McKay all starting and Dean Ritchie in the holding role in midfield.

Screenshot_20221130-161531_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221130-161544_Chrome.jpg

Kyle Turner really did a lot of heavy lifting didn't he?

On 30/11/2022 at 11:11, bairn88 said:

Think our home record v Airdrie is somehow even worse than our away one recently. 

Would take any sort of win, failing to do so and it’s wheels slightly falling off the league bandwagon territory. 

Think we've won every game at the Falkirk Stadium since you joined League 1? Quite the run although it has to end at some point. Mind you, I've been saying that the last couple of seasons. As I said above, whoever scores first will win and probably handsomely. 3-1 Airdrie - Telfer, ATS and Euan Deveney.

18 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Think we've won every game at the Falkirk Stadium since you joined League 1? Quite the run although it has to end at some point. Mind you, I've been saying that the last couple of seasons. As I said above, whoever scores first will win and probably handsomely. 3-1 Airdrie - Telfer, ATS and Euan Deveney.

Yup, I make it 4 games at TFS, all 4 are Airdrie wins.

And we've scored 0, 1, 0, and 1... If you do score first, you're def in with a shout. 

Henderson out, a huge chance for Mackie to stake a claim here at Centre Half given that Liam has hardly been undroppable.

Other than that, no x factor from Lawal who absolutely should not be dropped from this team for Gary Oliver or Kai Kennedy. Its lightweight, and could get absolutely bodied.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Henderson out, a huge chance for Mackie to stake a claim here at Centre Half given that Liam has hardly been undroppable.

Other than that, no x factor from Lawal who absolutely should not be dropped from this team for Gary Oliver or Kai Kennedy. Its lightweight, and could get absolutely bodied.

I agree with this. Strange team selection without knowing what goes on with training fitness etc. Less confident than I was prior to seeing the team