Falkirk Vs Airdrie

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Has Charlie “heart of a field moose” Telfer been playing? 

The fact he held off for so long before signing is becoming funnier and funnier given his absolute rubbishness. Reminds me of Ally Roy in the mouse heart stakes. We can't say we weren't warned.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Has Charlie “heart of a field moose” Telfer been playing? 

His nadir was the Kelty away game. Would say he improved somewhat since then, particularly with McCabe moving forward to midfield instead of playing centre half.

He’s been guaranteed a starting berth because of the sheer lack of depth. Can’t be long until Frizzell is back at least, which might make his coat peg a bit more shoogly.

14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Me too. As I mentioned above he has been exactly as advertised.

He is a phenomenal 5 a side player. Really class. 11 a side…….not so much. He is the very definition of the “one good game in five” player……but you know that by now.
Thing is, he was gone because of his contract situation. From our sand dancer select, he was arguably better than both McGuffie and Nesbitt, but admittedly, that’s  not a particularly high bar.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He is a phenomenal 5 a side player. Really class. 11 a side…….not so much. He is the very definition of the “one good game in five” player……but you know that by now.
Thing is, he was gone because of his contract situation. From our sand dancer select, he was arguably better than both McGuffie and Nesbitt, but admittedly, that’s  not a particularly high bar.

It's perpetually amusing that players of this ilk do continue to get club after club, assuming from as you say, the "highlight reel/when he's good, he's really quite good" thing.

When Airdrie beat Falkirk 2-1 at home during the lockdown season Ally Roy scored for the diamonds and a certain Mr Telfer for the bairns with Euan Deveney also on the bench.

A terrific front 3 for us that day with Euan O'Reilly, Ally Roy and Jack McKay all starting and Dean Ritchie in the holding role in midfield.

Screenshot_20221130-161531_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221130-161544_Chrome.jpg

When Airdrie beat Falkirk 2-1 at home during the lockdown season Ally Roy scored for the diamonds and a certain Mr Telfer for the bairns with Euan Deveney also on the bench.
A terrific front 3 for us that day with Euan O'Reilly, Ally Roy and Jack McKay all starting and Dean Ritchie in the holding role in midfield.
Screenshot_20221130-161531_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2e045f3ee672b60019ee2e5b6b79275.jpg
Screenshot_20221130-161544_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61c4af6899831f8a0b2ca1418645f10d.jpg
That fucking Falkirk team [emoji1785]

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Fancy us strongly on Saturday, that said this could well be one of the two occasions each season that Telfer remembers what he is being paid for and scores a worldie.

Telfer has been ok for us, nothing special probably struggled to get up to pace with him missing pre season,  not scored yet......  

I wonder if McCabe will target McCann again we normally give Leon the runaround in these games...

39 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Telfer has been ok for us, nothing special probably struggled to get up to pace with him missing pre season,  not scored yet......  

I wonder if McCabe will target McCann again we normally give Leon the runaround in these games...

Don’t make excuses for the waste of talent that is Telfer.

McCann has arguably been our best player this season running riot down the left.

It could be your right back getting the runaround.

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t make excuses for the waste of talent that is Telfer.

McCann has arguably been our best player this season running riot down the left.

It could be your right back getting the runaround.

It would be nice for our right back to stay on the pitch and not pick up his 50th suspension of the season.

Few Falkirk fans on here were slaughtering Leon McCann not too long ago he's a cracking player and was great for us.

Only thing is I'd of liked to have seen him go to a Championship team instead of staying in league 1.

Last season we targeted him with long diagonal balls to Gabby McGill which made things awkward for him due to his height. (Might be our tactic on Saturday).

Telfer has been very 'meh' for us, not been great but I've definitely seen worse players play for us than him. With the amount of Falkirk posters getting tore into him, it would be genuinely hilarious if he scored his debut goal on Saturday and Airdrie won. 

I refrain from making any wild predictions on here as it usually bites me on the a*se.

6 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Anonymous most games but thought he was one of our best players at the weekend.

If he continues with those kind of performances then I'll be happy.

He does tend to crack 2 or 3 a season in from 20 yards or so, hopefully not Saturday. You’ll be hoping for a Penalty decision like this one from the Covid early finish season 😁

E304278D-BAFB-409D-B93E-25042A6E69ED.png

41 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Anonymous most games but thought he was one of our best players at the weekend.

If he continues with those kind of performances then I'll be happy.

Funnily enough some of his  best performances for us always seemed to come against sides from a higher league. Not sure if it's just the fact that the games tend to be a bit more open in the middle of the park or what because anytime a half decent midfield turned up in league one he was completely anonymous.

Edited by Shodwall cat