Falkirk Vs Airdrie

Back to league business this weekend with several questions to be answered. Will Airdrie continue their near banter level ownership of Falkirk? Will the "fallen/sleeping giant" of greater Grangemouth shake off their mid table mediocrity of the past several seasons to lay down in a marker in the race to see who gets the clearest view of Dunfermline's backside? Which of the usual suspects from an FK postcode will use Falkirk Bingo insults such as "navy blue pound" or "owning Falkirk is all your wee team has to celebrate"? How many pages before the thread falls apart?

Honestly not sure how this will go. I’ve predicted a draw but if either side get an early goal then I could conceivably see them giving the other a real hiding. Falkirk seem to have been a bit inconsistent over the last couple of months, whereas we’ve gone from an awful run to unbeaten in four league games without playing that well in three of them. Falkirk seemed to have an easy game on Saturday whereas our players were knackered in extra time, hopefully that doesn’t have an effect.

I suspect he won’t be fit to start but having Frizzell back on the bench would be a massive boost. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the league so having him as an option to come on would be a lot more reassuring than just ATS and the young boys. 

I always have that fear that our Grangemouth dominance will come to an end at some point but if a midfield three of Josh Kerr, Dean Ritchie and Griffin Sabatini can win there, so can this mob.

Honestly not sure how this will go. I’ve predicted a draw but if either side get an early goal then I could conceivably see them giving the other a real hiding. Falkirk seem to have been a bit inconsistent over the last couple of months, whereas we’ve gone from an awful run to unbeaten in four league games without playing that well in three of them. Falkirk seemed to have an easy game on Saturday whereas our players were knackered in extra time, hopefully that doesn’t have an effect.
I suspect he won’t be fit to start but having Frizzell back on the bench would be a massive boost. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the league so having him as an option to come on would be a lot more reassuring than just ATS and the young boys. 
I always have that fear that our Grangemouth dominance will come to an end at some point but if a midfield three of Josh Kerr, Dean Ritchie and Griffin Sabatini can win there, so can this mob.

I remember it was Dean Ritchie that played left back in a 1-0 win during the covid season when McCann was out. Jesus, Dean Ritchie at left back [emoji1]

Went with 1-0 Airdrie in my predictions but I think a draw seems most likely, agree an earlier goal for either side will be crucial. I do kind of have the fear for this game so would take a point.

Gal loves a goal against Falkirk would love to know how many he's scored into them. This game would be perfect for Charlie to open his account for the diamonds.

12 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I remember it was Dean Ritchie that played left back in a 1-0 win during the covid season when McCann was out. Jesus, Dean Ritchie at left back emoji1.png

Went with 1-0 Airdrie in my predictions but I think a draw seems most likely, agree an earlier goal for either side will be crucial. I do kind of have the fear for this game so would take a point.

Gal loves a goal against Falkirk would love to know how many he's scored into them. This game would be perfect for Charlie to open his account for the diamonds.

Looks like he’s scored 5 against them in 11 games for us, which isn’t a bad record at all. Still some way off him scoring 10 in 9 games for us against East Fife :lol: 

Doubt il get to this one unfortunately. Its a really interesting fixture for me. Airdrie the only team to give us a hiding this season, but then they have fallen into this weird, mid table thing in this league where two or three teams.... thinking QoS, Edinburgh and Airdrie off the top of my head are throwing in absolutely mental scorelines week by week... Seemingly as likely to batter someone as they are to get battered.

We on the other hand, probably give out more of an impression of consistency, but nevertheless have also dropped too many points.

IIRC, the first fixture was the very first appearance for Alegria, Burrell and Lawal for us. Probably only one of the first two start, but given how bad Alegria was in that game it's fair to say that the attacking side of our game will be a bit unfamiliar to Airdrie.

So aye, an interesting one to offer a gauge against our worst result of the season so far.

6 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Back to league business this weekend with several questions to be answered. Will Airdrie continue their near banter level ownership of Falkirk? Will the "fallen/sleeping giant" of greater Grangemouth shake off their mid table mediocrity of the past several seasons to lay down in a marker in the race to see who gets the clearest view of Dunfermline's backside? Which of the usual suspects from an FK postcode will use Falkirk Bingo insults such as "navy blue pound" or "owning Falkirk is all your wee team has to celebrate"? How many pages before the thread falls apart?

Did you mean sentences?

3 hours ago, Rennieball said:

Airdrie died

Airdrieonians 1878 to 2002 did indeed die. How fucking galling it must be for you and others of a navy blue persuasion to see your team being owned by a new Airdrieonians. A club who are 20 years old, a mere toddler in footballing terms fucking owning you. I'm sure at some point, maybe even this weekend, you'll get a result against us and for a brief time you'll think that it's over but it won't be. 

29 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Airdrieonians 1878 to 2002 did indeed die. How fucking galling it must be for you and others of a navy blue persuasion to see your team being owned by a new Airdrieonians. A club who are 20 years old, a mere toddler in footballing terms fucking owning you. I'm sure at some point, maybe even this weekend, you'll get a result against us and for a brief time you'll think that it's over but it won't be. 

here we go batman GIF