Cove Rangers 🔵🔵 Vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

It will be cold and miserable in the middle of an industrial estate but I will make the effort to knock Cove off the list of grounds attended.

A win would be great but Cove have had some good results at home and that 2-2 draw at Firhill shows they can be dangerous from a setpiece which up until the last couple of games gas been anathema to our defence.

Cove 1 Thistle 2

The homecoming of Harry Milne, Cove legend and one of our own. Will be great to see him and I'm sure all Cove players and fans will give him a very welcome return. 3 in 3 for Harry in the league, he better not continue that run!

Since the 2-2 snatch and grab at Firhill in the league we've played 9 won 3, lost 3 and drawn 3 for 12 out of 27 points. Scored 15 and conceded 14. 

Thistle in that same time period are 3 wins and 6 losses for 9 out of 27 points. Scored 15 and conceded 19. Clearly a dreadful run in that spell but with back to back 3-0 wins they will be hoping that's well and truly behind them.

You'd think BTTS would be a stick on but doesn't always go with the stats.

Our performances have picked up since the start of the season and we're definitely stronger at home. Only 3 clean sheets all season; all at home. 

We need to find a way of keeping more clean sheets if we any aspirations of getting back into the pack and not being stranded in 8th and looking over our shoulder.

Max Johnston and Jack Sanders will come back into the frey after not being able to play the Cup game against Dunipace. McClelland likely the only one sidelined due to injury. He'll be right back in the starting lineup ahead of Reynolds for the next league game after this which is away to Dundee on 17th December.

The last 3 league games between the sides have been draws with Cove snatching a 1-0 win in the 93rd minute in the game that preceded those. 

Love to get a win on Saturday but a draw wouldn't be a poor result for us. We haven't recruited as well as I had hoped and are treading water with McIntyre in charge. Sooner he leaves the better.

Thistle narrow favourites going into the game. Clearly would be stronger favourites if at Firhill.

Screenshot_2022-11-27-15-40-01-22_b9431d8731825333fadcedd2db3abf8f.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 27/11/2022 at 14:34, CoveRangers1922 said:

The homecoming of Harry Milne, Cove legend and one of our own. Will be great to see him and I'm sure all Cove players and fans will give him a very welcome return. 3 in 3 for Harry in the league, he better not continue that run!

Since the 2-2 snatch and grab at Firhill in the league we've played 9 won 3, lost 3 and drawn 3 for 12 out of 27 points. Scored 15 and conceded 14. 

Thistle in that same time period are 3 wins and 6 losses for 9 out of 27 points. Scored 15 and conceded 19. Clearly a dreadful run in that spell but with back to back 3-0 wins they will be hoping that's well and truly behind them.

You'd think BTTS would be a stick on but doesn't always go with the stats.

Our performances have picked up since the start of the season and we're definitely stronger at home. Only 3 clean sheets all season; all at home. 

We need to find a way of keeping more clean sheets if we any aspirations of getting back into the pack and not being stranded in 8th and looking over our shoulder.

Max Johnston and Jack Sanders will come back into the frey after not being able to play the Cup game against Dunipace. McClelland likely the only one sidelined due to injury. He'll be right back in the starting lineup ahead of Reynolds for the next league game after this which is away to Dundee on 17th December.

The last 3 league games between the sides have been draws with Cove snatching a 1-0 win in the 93rd minute in the game that preceded those. 

Love to get a win on Saturday but a draw wouldn't be a poor result for us. We haven't recruited as well as I had hoped and are treading water with McIntyre in charge. Sooner he leaves the better.

Thistle narrow favourites going into the game. Clearly would be stronger favourites if at Firhill.

Screenshot_2022-11-27-15-40-01-22_b9431d8731825333fadcedd2db3abf8f.jpg

Apologies for intruding in your match thread but this seems like a bit of a mental shout to be honest. McIntyre has got you sitting 8th 5 points clear of the relegation playoffs. As one of only two part time teams in the league surely this is where you’d expect to be? Do you think someone like Hartley would have you in a better position?

Arbroath obviously had a great season last year however let’s face it that was a bit of a freak season. PT teams are always likely to be treading water in this division.

FWIW you were piss poor when we played you at your place but much improved when you came down to Somerset. I’d expect you to stay up comfortably. Arbroath and Hamilton are much, much worse. 

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apologies for intruding in your match thread but this seems like a bit of a mental shout to be honest. McIntyre has got you sitting 8th 5 points clear of the relegation playoffs. As one of only two part time teams in the league surely this is where you’d expect to be? Do you think someone like Hartley would have you in a better position?

Arbroath obviously had a great season last year however let’s face it that was a bit of a freak season. PT teams are always likely to be treading water in this division.

FWIW you were piss poor when we played you at your place but much improved when you came down to Somerset. I’d expect you to stay up comfortably. Arbroath and Hamilton are much, much worse. 

No worries, it's not so much our league position but rather him as a manager, his recruitment and his tactics although granted there's been an upturn. Even his demeanour and constant reminder to all we're aiming for 8th. I understand that notion but we need to strive for better. Hartley instilled belief and I just don't rate McIntyre.

All Cove fans that I've spoken to would rather we would have kept Hartley and think we'd have a higher points tally. Also all Cove fans were well and truly disillusioned by the way he ousted Rory. I don't think Rory would have set the Championship alight but he is a superior to Gerry. 

You are right we were dreadful against you at Balmoral. 2-1 was completely unjust for you that day. I wasn't at Somerset Park but from the highlights we were competitive.

Tighten up at the back and we should stay up with something to spare.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

We seem to have rediscovered the art of winning games ugly going by our last two efforts .Not pretty on the eye but gets the points /results.In saying that our almost non existant midfield is a big worry again now Doc is out .

2-2.